Spooning

Day 17: Spooning

The evening was dark at the air outside was nipping. The changing lights of the television flooded the room as they snuggled into the fuzzy blanket on the couch, they were laying down while binging some television show.

Diarmuid had his arms around Arturia's waist, his nose in her hair and their legs in a tangled mess. Arturia, on the other hand, had been playing with Diarmuid's hands, humming something under her breath.

"It's nice we finally get to settle down," Diarmuid mumbled into her hair.

Laughing, Arturia intertwined her fingers in his, bringing his knuckles to her lips. "Well, we have to thank Aengus for that. Wait, did you remember to leave Arthur his lion? I don't want to be woken up at night again."

Diarmuid chuckled and nodded. "I didn't forget this time. Well, Boann actually reminded me."

"Of course," she kissed his hand, "and did you remember—"

He squeezed her waist. "Shh, let's just focus on us, yes, my love?"

Leaning back into him, she hummed.

"You know what I love about you?" He whispered into her ear, it tickled her, and she shivered, letting out a laugh.

"What?" She asked.

"You're a caring mother. You always worry about Arthur and Boann." Then he snuggled his face into the crook of her neck.

"And you know what I love about you?" Arturia kissed his hand again.

"Mm," he murmured into her neck.

She shuffled about, turning around in his arms and planting a soft kiss on his lips. "That you try your best. That you're more than I deserve."

"What?" His eyes grew, "You're the one that I don't deserve," he pouted.

Giggling, she kissed him again, hugging him tightly and snuggling into the blanket. She hummed in delight and closed her eyes. Slowly, she began drifting off into sleep.

Suddenly, Diarmuid's phone began ringing and Arturia groaned. "Don't tell me."

Reaching over, stretching his hand past Arturia. "It's my father," he sighed.

Arturia grunted in reply. "Let's go."

"Next time, darling," Diarmuid kissed her forehead before they stood from the couch. And they were off to tend to their children at Diarmuid's father's house.