Shopping

Day 8: Shopping

They were walking, no, stalking through the mall. They had little to no time to find what the Einzberns had asked of them. A long, winding and headache inducing journey that had the two servant-turned-bodyguards restless and exhausted.

Diarmuid huffed, fixing the collar of his shirt. "What had the Lady Irisviel asked for again?"

"She had said she needed everything on this list," Arturia sighed, "They are important, or so she claims." She waved a sheet about and handed it over to Diarmuid so that he could see what was written.

-Eggs

-Milk

-Red Scarf

-Blue Blanket

-Chanel No. 5

-A plant

-Green shirt

-Long Necklace

-Kisses

"Kisses?" Diarmuid's cheeks flooded pink, "Whatever does that mean?"

Arturia shrugged, taking the paper from him. She folded the list and gently tucked it in the inside pocket of her suit. "I am uncertain and rather upset. How are to buy kisses?"

"These are odd things to collect, do you not agree?"

Arturia nodded in agreement, recalling the fifth item on the list. "What is Chanel No?"

"I think," he nibbled on his bottom lip, "I think it is called Chanel Number Five. I saw a commercial once on the teli, it is a perfume if I remember correctly."

"Eggs... and Perfume?" She huffed, "It is a rather peculiar list indeed."

Diarmuid gave a light laugh before they continued walking in circles around the shopping mall. They started their journey at what one calls a 'department store'. It was an organized store, it had sections, and everything was where it should have been and thus, finding the blue blanket, red scarf, and green shirt was no issue at all.

The good thing about department stores, is that they also have a jewelry and perfume section, which meant that they killed lots of birds with one stone.

Diarmuid scanned the glass displays that held shiny and brilliant jewelry. He wondered how long the necklace needed to be and if it had to be one with the expensive metals and jewels.

"Hello, sir." He looked up from the casings to a man that had a bright smile on his face. "Is there anything in particular that you are looking for?"

Diarmuid straightened his back (as he had been leaning over to look closely at the necklaces), he replied, "Yes, a, er, a long necklace."

"Do you have a lady in mind?"

Diarmuid blinked. "Well, the lady Einzbern did not specify what she wanted."

"A particular style, perhaps?" He asked, taking out long chains.

"Matters not, I believe."

"Diarmuid, what a sight for sore eyes you are," Arturia called, for she had been out to find the perfume. Her efforts proved to be successful as she held a small box of perfume in her hands. "The merchant wished to sell me the entire gift box set, but as the Lady Irisviel did not specify, I settled on the single unit."

"That smell..." Diarmuid's voice wandered as he contemplated if the smell was simply his imagination. A soft sweet scent lingered around Arturia, making her slightly seductive, if he dared think.

"Ah, yes," she sighed, tilting her head slightly, "the merchant insisted that I try the perfume before I bought it. Is it too strong?"

He shook his head. "No, rather, I think it suits you. It is subtle and very majestic."

A soft and small smile lit her lips and she nodded her head, "Why, thank you."

"Sir," the man cleared his throat, laying before them a few necklaces, "if I may interrupt, would any of these satisfy you?"

Diarmuid's mind drifted back to the necklaces, he analyzed them and Arturia helped in choosing one. "I think that this is the one, what do you suggest, Arturia?" He pointed at a relatively long silver chain with an appealing design.

Arturia too analyzed it, paying close attention to the pattern. "I believe it shall suffice."

"Then, we shall take this one." Diarmuid finally looked up at the clerk and they were soon on their way to the super store to get the rest of their ingredients.

The eggs, milk and plant were no issue to find but again, they were at a crossroad with the kisses. They stood amidst the aisles of the store, thinking thoroughly about the last item on the strange list.

"How do you suppose we buy kisses? And how would that be of any relevance? A kiss is a rather queer thing to buy, I should never assume the world would stay the same..." Arturia tapped her chin, brows furrowed in contemplation.

"Where would we even find a kiss? Are there stores just for buying kisses? And, how do you reckon we can even take kisses to the lady Irisviel? Would we need to take the person themselves?" Diarmuid added.

"If it were about selling a kiss, I would find it very easy since you do have a curse and all, it would not be any issue finding someone willing to kiss you," she mumbled.

"Oh, please do not torment me, my lady." He shivered.

"To think, who would even sell us a kiss? The lady Irisviel can be much too demanding of us."

Diarmuid nodded in agreement.

Arturia slowed her step to a stop. "And if I were to buy a kiss from you and then you would buy one from me? Would that complete the last requirement?"

Diarmuid's cheeks burned a soft pink. "I would not be worthy of a kiss from you, my lady."

She frowned, "I ask, do not flatter me. But then," she went back to thinking of buying a kiss, "how would you put a value to a kiss? Does that make any sense to you, Diarmuid?"

Diarmuid gave a bow, "Not even a thousand gold coins would be enough to buy even the smallest of kisses from your majesty, dear king."

Arturia blushed. "I did ask, and I will not ask again Diarmuid; flatter me not." Her voice was stern and grave, but she could not help but smile at such a compliment.

Someone cleared their throat and Arturia whipped her head to see a store clerk. "Ahm, is there anything I could help you find?" She asked, for she had overheard their conversation and talk of buying and selling kisses.

Upon hearing the young lady, Diarmuid hid his face so as to avoid any complications involving his curse.

"Yes, in deed." Arturia stepped towards her. She pulled out the list from her blazer's pocket. "My mistress has urged me to get her kisses, as you can see here. I do not suppose you might know where I could buy a couple—or even a few—kisses?"

"Kisses?" The teenaged girl looked at the list and then at the two bodyguards. They nodded. "Well, they're in aisle ten. They're chocolates."

"Chocolates..." Diarmuid echoed, face still hidden from the teenager.

"They are not real...kisses?" Arturia asked.

The girl shook her head. "No, I'm afraid not. They're a brand of chocolates..."

Instantly, Arturia and Diarmuid turned beet red and Diarmuid started to cough while Arturia remained as regal as she could be, after such an embarrassing mistake.

"Well, then," Arturia coughed, "we...shall," she breathed, "acquire these chocolates." Then, with grace and poise, but dark red cheeks, she looked at the store clerk and rapidly, as if a car had come rushing towards her, said, "Thank you very much for your service." And she rushed off to the sweets aisle, followed by Diarmuid who carried the grocery basket.

"Ugh, retail..." The store clerk bitterly growled under her breath.