Cosplay

Day 7: Cosplaying

"You are telling me that people nowadays dress up as other people that they admire?" Diarmuid raised an eyebrow.

Arturia frowned, "That is very bizarre. Why do they do it?"

Irisviel shrugged, "Because, as Diarmuid said, they admire the person they dress up as or they think that the outfits the person wears are very stylish and cool."

"Peculiar..." Arturia mumbled.

"That is what the word 'cosplay' means then? Dressing up?" Diarmuid leaned on the table, staring at Iri as she nodded.

"Why yes, and it is very fun! I absolutely love it! I sometimes dress as different queens."

Arturia nodded, looking back down at the clothing that was set on the table. "And what are these?"

A green dress, almost imitating the style of a maid's dress and what looked to be a blue military uniform were laid upon the birch wood table, almost taunting the two servants.

"My little Illya constantly watches this very short animation series about personified countries and she is in love with the idea of two of the characters." The homunculus explained, a wide and sweet smile on her lips, "I was hoping I could get you two to dress up as the characters and take some pictures with her; she'd really love that!"

Arturia offered a weary and scared smile, her lips twitching a little bit, "Dress up? I...I have never really..."

"If it is for the young Mistress, I would be ever so delighted." Diarmuid smiled, truthfully, unlike Arturia who was embarrassed.

Irisviel's smile grew—if that was even possible. "Perfect! I could let you two watch a few episodes with the characters and maybe you'd come to like them and learn how to act like them, what do you think?"

Arturia frowned. "Act like...is that not difficult? Acting like someone you are not?"

Diarmuid glanced over at his fellow bodyguard and gave her a nudge on the side. "Think of it as a duty for the young Mistress."

She gave a curt nod, "Of course I will fulfill my duty. I am but your instrument, do with me as you will." Arturia bowed her head before her Mistress.

Irisviel brought her hands to her chest. "Oh, you two will look so adorable!"

"I  can't help but think that this Prussia character reminds me of  someone

"I can't help but think that this Prussia character reminds me of someone..." Diarmuid nibbled his bottom lip as he played with the popcorn bowl in his hands.

Arturia looked over at him, not truly into the anime they were made to watch. "Archer," she said with disdain.

"Ah yes," Diarmuid sighed, "I forgot."

"I believe the outfit will look very fitting on you," Arturia commented as she reached towards the bowl of popcorn.

A blush spread on Diarmuid's cheeks, "You flatter me, milady."