Chapter 15

Chapter 15

John sighed as he sat still at the front table. He was currently waiting for his mother to arrive with several things he needed to do before the ball that was happening in two weeks. He wanted to slouch against the chair but he knew his mother had impeccable timing and would make him relearn how to sit in a chair properly. He knew he would be waiting for a while because of what had happened yesterday.

When he came home in the afternoon today his mother had completely hounded him with questions. Like where has he been all morning and why didn't she see him leave on the cameras. John has lied saying that he was looking at places on where he could cut his hair which calmed her down a bit. She then said again that she was proud he was going to do something with the drag on his head as she instructed him to wait on the dining table.

He doesn't regret going to the sleepover yesterday. It has been the most exciting thing that he ever did behind his parents back. He felt so comfortable with his friends that he hesitated on coming home, but he knew if he didn't then there would most likely be a search party and then a grounding he would never forget. He would most likely be pulled from school and be home schooled again.

Even though he hates going to school; he hates being homeschooled more especially the tutors his parents hired thinking it was the best for him. Down right abuse was the correct word he would use describing each and every one of his tutors. His thoughts were cut short when the doors had opened and his mother came walking in. She also had a girl with her which made John wonder what was going on.

"John this is Sara Ashliee," his mother said  as Sara got close to him.

"Hello," Sara said softly.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," John murmured gently lifting her hand to kiss it.

"She's going to be your future wife," his mother said nearly making John fall back.

"What," John asked in shock.

"Don't be surprised John it's what you've been preparing for all your life," his mother said glaring at him.

"Now here's everything that needs to be done before the ball. Your wedding announcement will also be announced at the ball. Sara is here because she will help you since she will be required to plan these in the future. I love you sweetie," his mother said leaving the two.

"It's alright somebody I knew long ago had the same reaction when I was supposed to be his bride to be," Sara said as she took a seat.

"If you don't mind me asking why aren't you marrying him," John asked sitting down.

"Well... he ran away with his lover," she said tucking her black hair behind her ear.

"Oh I'm sorry," John said.

"No it's alright me and him were very close friends. He wouldn't have mind marrying me but he found true love somewhere else. He couldn't handle the life he was given so he left when his lover had moved," Sara said.

"Honestly I don't think I could ever marry you," John said to her.

"I know but what can we do now," she said looking at him in the eye.

John swallowed hard, his heart thumping thinking about Smii7y. Why would he be thinking of him at a time like this. His life has been set for him knowing he had to marry the girl in front of him. He put a hand through his hair deciding it isn't really worth arguing with them at this point.

"You're right... tell me about yourself before we start this thing," John said pushing the medium sized folder away.

"Well my name's Sara I came here with my step brother Matt as we lived in Canada. We live a good 5 minutes away from here now," Sara said.