Tricked

Edward's POV
A few weeks after my night with Arven, a shocking news came by. Charvet is dead. The cops reported it as a suicide case. But it's obviously a fraud. He was murdered and I knew he would be. He had made far too many mistakes and I of all people know very well how Jason reacts towards such insights. But even so I expected him to wait until the drug deal is dealt with. Charvet was in charge of our underground drug deals since a long time ago, no one knows the procedure and the customers better than he does, and yet Jason killed him right before the mission takes place. Why? Why would he do that? Why would he risk it? There must be a reason. The fact that Charvet is dead means that Jason knows about us. Or at least has his suspicions. I discussed it with Michael and asked him to stop his operation since it's too risky. If we risk getting into their territory without having enough information, we might lose something. The deal will take place in a week. That's too short of a time for me to reinvestigate. I have to check whether or not they have changed the location and even if I can find out about the location, I still need time to scout out the place. Mike's people have been helping me but even with their help, there's still not enough time. Despite my disapproval, Michael insists on charging in. I guess he has spent too much money to just let it off like that. Well he is the boss, so he has the final say.
I sigh getting in the car to drive back to the house. I barely get to see Arven these days. Because Michael refuses to listen to me, I have to run around all day to make sure everything still works out. Based on what I found, the deal's location hasn't changed, they only seem to have changed the time. Good news is, Jason doesn't know I'm alive. After he killed Kate, I made a scene and faked my death. So basically no one knows I'm still alive, which is another reason for me being able to run around freely, without worrying about getting caught. Bad news is that I still don't know why Jason hasn't changed the deals location. He is a cautious man and he knows about the information that Charvet has lost, so why isn't he doing anything?

Damn, I feel exhausted. But I haven't seen Arven all day. So instead of going straight to my room, I step behind Arven's door and knock. Hope she isn't sleeping. Speaking of Arven, she wasn't happy to hear about Charvet. Obviosly the main reason for Charvet's death is losing all that data because of Arven. Had I known about her plan, I would have stopped her. She put herself in a spotlight by stealing all those data and now she can't even use them because Charvet is dead. The complex is closely watched by Mike's people, but even so I can't trust them with this. Though I can't stay around her 24 hours a day, especially now that Michael is working my ass off, but I try to keep close to her for as long as I can. Although now that Charvet is gone, I hope the information he had on Arven is lost with him. But I doubt we'll be that lucky. Jason is not the kind of person to let this slip. Arven seems to have noticed this too. She knows she is being targeted, which is why she barely ever leaves the complex. I should give her a visit, I haven't seen her all day. I knock and she opens the door. I find myself surprised as I see her wearing glasses and tying her hair into a braid.
"Hi." She says inviting me in with a bright smile. As she turns her back on me, I hug her from behind and kiss her neck.
"Miss me?" I whisper in her ear and smile at her shy expression. then she brings her hand up and slowly runs it through my hair. As I keep kissing her neck, a soft moan escapes her lips, I smile at her cute reaction and kiss her cheek.
"Did you talk to Michael?" She asks and I nod.
"He was worried about you." I let her go and throw myself on the couch.
"Yeah right!" She says handing me a cup of tea. I know she still feels insecure about Harrison and Mike but I also know that she wants to trust him.
"I'm serious. He even asked me to assign more guards to the house." To my surprise she seems to grow sad. She looks down and stays silent.
"What's wrong?" I ask, taking her hand, rubbing her knuckles with my finger.
"I'm sorry." She says growing silent again. I give her a puzzled look.
"If it wasn't for me, Charvet would still be alive. And... you didn't have to go through so much trouble. Not only did I make myself a target, the information I got is no longer of any use." She says taking her hand back but I grab her wrist and pull her in my arms. Before she gets to protest I stop her.
"It's true that you acted rashly. But if it weren't for your help I couldn't pinpoint the location and the date of the deal. As for making yourself a target, you were a target before you even met Michael." I reassure her but she still looks down.
"Arven, stop trying to take everything on by yourself. You're not alone anymore." My statement seems to surprise her and she looks at me with her eyes widened.
"Thanks!" She says after a minute of silence and I smile, patting her head.