The ride

I try to pull away but his iron grip tightens on me as he walks over the drawer. What he brings out of that drawer makes my heart skip a beat. A gun. I panic and try to distance myself but his grip tightens. 
"Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you." He says grabbing the gun, before heading towards the door and sneaking his head out. Then he takes my hand and starts running for a door that is located at the end of the hall. It takes only a few seconds for me to understand his reason for running. I hear footsteps running up the stairs, I look back and there are three men running at us full speed. Their face and their attire belonged to that of thugs and thieves. 
What's going on? who are they? They definitely don't look like they're here to save me. I keep thinking if I should try to separate my hand from my kidnapper and sieze myself a chance to escape but my thoughts are crushed as I hear a loud terrifying sound that almost sends my heart fly out of my chest. A  GUNSHOT. The horrid noise sends panic waves to every part of my body. If it wasn't for his hand that was locked firmly in mine, forcing me to keep running, I would be frozen in my spot by now. Soon we reach the door and he opens it pointing me to get in. I do so and he follows right after, locking the door behind him. It looks like we're in some sort of emergency staircase that probably leads to a back door or maybe an exit. 
Before we start running again he turns to me and looks into my eyes. 
"Listen to me. They are here to kill both of us on sight. I need you to do as I say so we both get to live. Do you understand?" I can hear their footsteps getting closer and realize that this is no time to be debating over it. I nod and we start dashing towards a metal door that appears at the end of the stairs. Before we get there I hear another gunshot and the door behind us is thrown open. He motions me to keep going as he stops, seeming to aim at them as they enter. 
Without looking back I run down the stairs as fast as I can. The old metal door seems to be the only thing I can see. 
I hear another round of shots, assuming it was him trying to get rid of the intruders. Then I hear someone screaming as if they were in excruciating pain. I didn't dare look back and see what happened so I keep going. Once I'm finally there I grab the doorknob, hesitating to open it. What if there were more of them waiting behind this door? While I debate over this with my hand on the doorknob, I hear footsteps from behind me. A chill runs down my spine as I think it might be them. But I'm almost relieved to hear the familiar voice call out to me. 
" Arven!Go." With his words I quickly open the door and find myself in a small garage with a high class black car parked in it. He soon catches up to me and runs over to the car. 
"Hop on." He says, opening the driver seat. I know I'm kind of obeying his every order but I feel like I have to. At the very least he showed no desire of killing me with a shot in my face and he actually seemed to want to protect me. Plus seeing as how composed he looks in a situation like this made me feel like he is capable of handling it. 
He wastes no time in starting the car after I get in and speeds it up as soon as we're out of the garage. 
"Sit tight, there's more of them." I look back and there are two black cars following behind us in tremendous speed. In each car sits two men. As one of the drivers closes the gap between us, the guy in his passenger seat opens the window, bringing his gun out. As he starts shooting I quickly return to me seat and duck my head. I almost bury my head into my chest and it's only then that I get together how fast my heart is beating. 
What do they want? Who are they? The questions pop back into my mind as I try to calm myself. It's probably he who they want and I'm just caught up in something that has nothing to do with me. I sneak a glance at him and he seems as calm and collected as he was before we were attacked. As if noticing my eyes on him he starts talking without looking at me.

"Arven, Can you drive?" He asks and I look at him in shock. I didn't have a license. Actually I've never driven a car before so how can I drive now? In this kind of situation? But this really seemed no time to be hesitant. If I refused, he would have to keep the wheel and that would mean they will catch up and their gunman would easily have us killed.
Without further thinking I look at him firmly.
"I can try."