The change in my life

"Arven,get those bottles from downstairs." I hear my boss yell at me from upstairs.
"I got it already" I yell back. It's so freaking crowded I can barely hear my own voice. It's about 11 P.M and they still keep coming. This is where I work. A bar if you couldn't tell. It's not really the best place to work for a girl my age. But the pay is good and it helps a lot with my expenses.
In about an hour of restless working, my shift is over. I go over to the staff room and change into my normal clothes. A white shirt and a black leather jacket on top of it. I'm about to leave when I hear someone call my name.
"Arven, are you done for the night?" James tells me as he sits on a chair.
"Yeah, I don't have any more shifts until monday."
"Hold on. There's something I need to tell you." He tells me while running a hand in his hair as if he is unsure of what he's about to say.
"What is it?" I ask impatiently, feeling tired.
"I was thinking, maybe you should stop working here." He tells me averting his gaze.
"What? If this is a joke, it's a pretty lame one!"
"Look, the cashbox has been missing money. The staff and some of the usual customers told me that they saw you a few times going over to the cashbox whenever it was too crowded for anyone to notice. I know you're having a tough time, which is why I overlooked it at first but no more of this. You're fired!"
"Are you kidding me? I've been working here for over a year now. How can you believe that about me without any solid proof?" I almost shout at him as anger starts boiling within me.
"I know you've been working here for long. That's why I'm not calling the cops."
"Maybe you should call someone to check whether your brain is still working or not. I get it though. You're just doing this because I refuse to entertain you like other girls do."
"Whatever. Just... Just get out of here Arven."
"Go to hell James." I shout before slamming the back door to his face and leaving the bar, probably forever. What the hell was wrong with him? I never liked James or the bar. But I needed that job. It was well paid and since I live alone it was the best thing to help manage my expenses.
I head over to station, trying to figure out what to do next, and where to find a new job as soon as possible.
If I can't find a job soon, I won't be able to pay this months rent. The old hag will kick me out right after she finds out about me being fired.
About half an hour passes and I'm finally here. Home sweet home. I open the door and start heading upstairs. My house, or to better put it my room is on the second floor. It's a small room built under a gable. There's really not much about it, but still... it's where I lived with my mom. She died of cancer six month ago and since then I have been living alone, Here with her memories. Every corner of this room reminds me of her. She was all I had.
Growing up I never knew who my father was. My mom had removed every trace of his existance from our life and she refused to tell me anything about him no matter how much I insisted. I feel a heavy sigh trapped in my throat but before I can let it out I hear the door creak. I turn over to see my old but not so lovely landlady opening the door with her spare keys.
"You could knock from time to time. It doesn't hurt at all, you know?" I say looking at her in annoyance as she enters the room.
"I don't knock in my own house."
"What do you want? It's not time for my pay yet." I rub a hand to my forehead, feeling extremely tired and sleepy.
"So tell me, how's it going with your job? You do know it's 17th."
"Thanks for the reminder. Now get out. I'll pay you by the end of the month."
"Will you now?" She ask suspiciously and I look at her in confusion. But she continues before I can ask anything.
"You seem to have forgotten about the fact that I was the one who introduced you to James. So the news of you getting fired got here faster than your arrival."
I open my eyes wide in shock. I can't believe the bastard just called here and told her everything.
"And you even committed robbery. Have you no shame?" Her hursh words stab me like a knife. I don't know what I did to deserve all this. At this point it's clear she wants to get rid of me and I know trying to explain things to her would be of no use.
"I know I can't get you to believe me. So just give me a week and I'll leave this place."
"A week? Are you kidding me? you're leaving. Tonight!"
"Are you crazy?It's past midnight. where am I supposed to go? You can't just kick me out like this."
"Yes I can. This is my house and my rental contract with your mother is void, now that she is dead. I took pity on you and let you stay for a while, but it's over. Now either you get out or I'll have my boy kick you right out of the window."
Everything goes too fast for me to comprehend. I always knew that people around me were all jerks but it's even beyond that point now.
Before I know it I'm wondering in the streets, thinking about everything that happened today. where should I go? I have no relavites or friends to ask for their help. My mother was an immigrant. She came to England as a scholar to study in software Engineering, so I know nothing of my mother's family. My last option is to rent a room to stay for the night. But I can't afford that for long.
It's still hard to believe I lost what little I had in only a few hours. Either way it's not the time to moop around.
I keep walking around in search of a good place to spend the night. I remember a small tavern downtown that offers rooms for a cheap price. It's not that far from here so I start heading towards it. It's then that I realize the streets are eerily quiet. It's about 2 A.M, only a few cars pass by every now and then. I'd better hurry, it's not good to stay out alone at this time of night.
Half an hour passes and I'm almost there. Just past this alley and I can finally get some sleep. The alley is extremely dark. As if every light was intentionally removed from it. As I enter the alley I suddenly feel someone's eyes on me. In a panic, I turn around to see if anyone's there but see no one.
My heart beat picks up and I start walking faster. Why does the bloody alley has to be so long? Before I can reach the end of this small narrow walkway, I feel someone's presence again, much stronger this time.
I decide to start running but before I do, I feel a hand grab me from behind, while another hand covers my mouth. I start to panic and thrash around to free myself from whoever that has me in their grasp. But he is too strong, I try to scream but the hand on my mouth muffles any sound that escapes my mouth. What is happening? Who is this?
What feels like an eternity of struggling is probably not more than a few seconds and before I can make any progress I feel a sharp pain behind my neck and I figure he has hit me there to knock me out. Soon I feel his grip loosening up and I start falling down to the ground. I try to scream but my voice wouldn't come out and my vision starts going blurry. Oh No!