The heart wants what it wants

Michael’s POV
Our final day at the winter resort  arrived and they held a meeting to announce the company who won the construction contract. Miraculously Harrison was stated the winner. Although we tried our best, I was sure that Charvet would be the one to win. His credibility and the fact that their prime cost was lower than what we had suggested, it was obvious for them to claim the contract. Also back in the party I could clearly sense that hotels manger was favoring them over other teams. And yet somehow that all changed in one night and we were announced winner. Following this happy news, I was summoned to a meeting with hotels manager. I asked him about his reason for choosing Harrison over Pulse but he evaded my question and pushed on with his own subject. Something’s not right here. I  talked to Edward about the whole thing. Although it seemed like he had a few guesses about it but he refused to share them and told me to wait.
I keep walking towards our car that is parked outside the resort. Since our business here is concluded there’s no point in staying here any longer. We’re returning to London. I have a ton of things I need to get done before Christmas and there’s barely any time left. 
“ Where is she?” I ask as I sit in the car and realize that everyone except Arven is here. 
Without answering my question, Edward motions me to look out the window. I do so and see Arven, standing near the entrance, smiling sweetly at someone in front of her. It’s the first time I’ve seen her smiling. Every time I saw her or talked to her, she always had a serious expression, clearly telling me that she wishes to keep her distance.
I have to admit she is a lot different from other girls I’ve seen around. Girls at her age have a lot of hobbies and would spend a lot of time on things like fashion and make up but I’ve never seen her do that. She usually uses simple style clothes and I’ve never seen her wear any make up. I told Jenna to prepare anything she ever requires but Arven never did make any requests. 
It’s still hard to believe that I have a half sister about 10 years younger than me who just lost her mother. I guess it’s too cruel to make her leave the mansion since she has no where else to go. I might as well let her stay. I mean there are a lot of extra rooms and all being said she was working deligently at SE department. 
Hours later, we return to London and with that our trip to the winter resort comes to an end. I’m glad it didn’t turn out a disappointment. 
As we get off the car, Edward puts his hand on my shoulder, stopping me from walking towards the house. 
“I have a theory.” He says and I give him a confused look.
”About the contract thing.” He continues and I turn to him to hear his so called theory. 
“Let’s hear it.” We walk back to my room and sit down on the coach, as one of the maids brings us tea.
”So here’s the thing.The night of the party, Arven was in the hall too.” What he says surprises me but not by much. So what if she was there?
”And then she dropped wine on Charvet’s suit, pretending like it was an accident. And then Lia took him out of the hall, likely spending the night with Charvet.” He speaks in riddles and I can’t put the pieces together.
“Lia?” I ask. 
“The woman Arven was talking to before. She is a prostitude that works at the resort. I’ve known her for some time and the night she was in my room, she told me that Charvet had beaten one of the bar girls pretty badly but seemingly they couldn’t prove him  guilty.” He explains but I still don’t understand why is he telling me all this.
”You mean they were planning something together?”  I tell him what I concluded and he smiles.
”Well it’s certainly not a coincidence.” He answers.
“Then look into it. We should find out if she has anything to do with the managers change of heart.” Though I really can’t think of a way or a proper reason for someone like Arven to do this. 
“I won’t do it.” He says, putting his cup down on the table.
”Wha...Why?” His fast rejection surprises me. 
“Because I don’t want to.” He seems annoyed. I’m the one who should be annoyed.
”Are you too attracted to her that you fear she might be upset with you if she finds out?” I ask raising my voice. This isn’t going to end well. 
”Look, BOY.” He growls getting up from the couch and looking down on me.
”Your DADDY cheated on your mother, slept with Yuri and screwed up your sweet family life in the process.” He pauses.
”So what? Get over it already. and while you’re at it, stop this stupid “Oh you took my family from me.” act you put on when Arven’s around.” He is now shouting every word at me. His blunt way of putting things and his demanding tone leaves me speechless. 
“I told you I’ll give you a hand in taking down Jason, but if you’re gonna keep acting like a spoiled idiot who keeps clinging to his past, then our deal’s off.” Alright I’m pissed now.