The truth is revealed

Arven's POV
It's been 7 days since the incident at the storehouse. I haven't seen Michael since that night. A doctor has been tending to my wounds and my body is almost completely recovered. 
Jenna told me I shouldn't go to work for the time being until everything is back to normal. It's not going back to normal though. Even a week was barely enough to clear my mind. The crushing guilt I feel in my chest is not fading at all. The sorrow I feel when I remember what happened. It's almost funny how much pain can be inflicted on you because of someone you barely even knew. I guess it's because he was one of the very few people who was ever nice to me. He answered all of my questions, while teaching me patiently. He told me about his sister and his life. He smiled at me. Even if it was all an act, he still felt like my friend. More like my first friend since I never had one. When I was a kid my mother and I moved constantly, never staying in one neighborhood for too long. She said it was because of debt collectors but that obviously wasn't true. I never went to any school and my only educator was my mom. Taking all that into account I never had any opportunities to properly meet or befriend someone. 

I never left my room for the past few days so I don't really know what's going on outside. I wonder if the police found something in the storehouse. That kind of fire probably didn't leave anything behind. They won't be able to find any bodies and even if they do it will be hard to identify them. They must've noticed that Brian was there because his car was left near the storehouse and a few days ago Jenna asked me whether I wanted to attend the funeral or not but I didn’t. I had no right to. 

I spent my days thinking about all sorts of things. About Brian, about Michael and how he probably was the one who provided the fake data that Jackson mentioned, about Edward and how he helped me that day, and about mom and what she wanted by bringing me here. But thinking isn't going to get me anywhere.  
Last night Edward told me that Michael is going to a winter resort out of London to make negotiations with a few companies. He said in order to ensure my safety, I have to go too. I was waiting for a chance like this and I’m not going to lose it.
The day arrives and we set out for the resort in a black limousine. I never imagined I would ever get to sit in this kind of car. Edward and I are waiting for Michael to arrive. I take a glance at him and he’s playing with his phone. He is Wearing a white shirt under his black overcoat along with a strapped tie.
His way of dressing and his perfect features kind of makes me want to stare at him for no reason.
”Here you go.” His deep voice snaps me out of my thoughts. He’s handing me the phone he was holding earlier. I take it in my hand and look at him for explanation.
”You lost your phone in the fire right? I got you another one.” That’s right. I didn’t have a phone for the last week but I didn’t really need it. 
“Thank you.” I murmur and look down on the new phone.
”I also added my number. Give me a call as soon as you think there’s danger around.” He says. And I look up at him. It’s hard to understand what he’s thinking. The first time I saw this man he was cold and cruel. His eyes filled with darkness but now he seems alot different. That time when he saved me, I still remember the worried expression on his face. He seemed deeply concerned. Even when he tended to my wounds that night, he seemed rather sad to see me in pain. Why though? Does he care at all what happens to me? This might be all part of a plan he’s making and I know nothing of it.  I remember Michael told me he had his own reasons to be here but what are they? Does he hold a grudge against Pulse? Or maybe someone who works there? Is that reason enough for him to do all this? 
It’s useless. Thinking about Edward only brings questions to my head without any firm conclusion.
“What is it?” He asks, noticing my stare.
”There’s something I need to ask you.”
”Hmm?” 
“ Michael’s father. What happened to him?” Instead of asking about him, I bring up another question that has been on my mind lately.
” I heard he died in an accident about 8 years ago. Until Michael reached the proper age, Harrison was managed by a council of top investors. And now it’s running under his watch.” 
“What about his mother then?” 
“Who knows? From what I heard her mother left them behind when he was a kid.” What he says surprises me. I thought Michael was just a rich kid brought up under his parents love but it seems even he has had his fair share of difficulties. His mother left the house? that’s... kinda sad.
”Speaking of the devil...” Edward says motioning me to look out the window. Michael is walking towards the car with Jenna following behind him. 
It’s been a while since I last saw him. He looks as serious as usual. The stern expression on his face is so obvious I can see it from this distance. Does he really have to hate me so much? It’s obvious his expression turns into a grim one the second he sees me. Soon they both reach the car and the driver opens the door. 
Michael gets in and Jenna follows behind him.
“Good morning, Miss Li!” Jenna says with a blank face. She’s not even smiling. 
“Hi!” I say returning her gaze. Then I look at Michael and he only gives me a small nod, probably just to acknowledge my existence. What is wrong with him? The indifferent look on his face annoys me to no end but I try my best to ignore it, trying to convince myself that we don’t really have a reason to like each other in the first place and that’s just the kind of man he is.
The awkward silence between us is making the air tense. Michael aside I get the vibe that Jenna shares the same feelings of DISLIKE towards me. Why am I being hated so much? I mean I haven’t done anything to anyone. And Michael was the one who asked me to stay at Harrison in the first place. It’s not like I forced myself on anyone. Jenna keeps smiling as Michael gives her instructions.The warm sweet smile on her face is a lot different from the formal smile she usually gives me. She seems happy. Well it’s not hard to guess why. 
I looked over the media and found a list of famous attendees at this winter festival. There is one person I am interested in. Roberto Charvet. 
When I was in the storehouse, what caused Jackson to stop hitting me was a call from a man with the same name. The guy who called out to Jackson was holding a phone with a call on wait. The name on the screen read Roberto Charvet. From what I gathered back then, this guy is Jackson’s boss and what he told him on the phone, was the reason he stopped wanting to kill me.
A few days ago I searched this name through the net and it seems he is on the Board of directors at Pulse. His history shows nothing but a charismatic manager and a charitable man but what I heard back then, proves all of this to be a mere pretence. My assumption is that even though he had heard about me, he probably doesn’t know my face. That must be why he ordered them to wait so that he could come over and confirm my identity himself. 
Well this part of the story is something I never shared with Edward. Or anyone for that matter. This is something I must do alone. I can’t involve anyone else. I can’t let others get hurt because of me again. Well that aside, I know I can’t trust these people. They’ve already proved they would do anything as long as it benefits them. 
I’ve already prepared a coded program that can hack into a systems security and bring it down. It’s more like a virus. Once the memory card that contains it, is plugged to a computer it starts flooding the system with useless disposable datas. In an attempt to clear the unnecessary content the system will try to remove the trash but soon will be unable to tell the difference between what’s useful and what’s not. That is the kind of program it is. A few minutes later not only the security system but the whole computer will be useless. Hoping he brings the necessary data with him all I have to do is to plug the memory stick to his computer, find the data before the virus destroys it and copy them.  What could possibly go wrong?
I guess that’s an advantage of having a genius mother teach you the basics of programming. Maybe she knew it would come to this, that’s why she taught me a lot about codes and programs. I don’t know but at this point I’m only glad I got to learn all these things. 
Time passes by and I seem to be the only one who has nothing to do. Jenna and Michael seem busy with paper work even though we’re in a car and Edward seems to be dozing off. left with nothing to do I look out the window. The white snow has covered the ground like a huge blanket and the few number of trees that pass through my sight every now and then have their branches bent down from the weigh of the snow that’s toppled on them. It’s only november and yet it has snowed this much in this area. Must be why they picked it to build a winter resort. I can’t really say I’m  a fan of cold weather with snow always on the background but still  the scenery before me is nothing less than amazing. Everything is colored a shiny white. For someone who’s standing outside, the black car we’re riding is probably the only thing that is tainting the beautiful white view. 
After a few hours the car stops with the driver announcing that we have arrived. He opens the door and waits for us to leave the car. Michael and Jenna step out first and I follow behind them. The second I leave the car a cold breeze brushes my skin, making me shiver. In front of me  is a large building with a few high class cars parked in front of it. When we leave the car I realize another car with 5-6 bodyguards has followed us to the resort. Edward seems to give them instructions and they’re listening to his orders carefully. What, is he the head of security or something? Actually is it really necessary to go this far? I know Michael is some kind of big shot in business industry but this place seems pretty much safe with all it’s cameras and security guards.  I look around in astonishment as we walk through the lobby. Everyone and everything here seems so... Shiny. I mean they’re all glittering with riches, to the point  that I feel completely out of place. The expensive looking winter attires, the arrogant look on everyone’s faces and their high pitched voices suit this place’s glowing decoration.
 Edward and I keep walking through the long hall to get to our room, which seems to be close to each other. Then I hear him sigh from beside me.
”Why are you so quiet? Say something!” He says, referring to my lack of ability to start a proper conversation.
”What do you want me to say?” I ask without looking at him.
”What do you think about this place?” His question is kind of random, as if he simply wants to get me to talk to him. 
“It looks too sparkly, that my eyes hurt.” Hearing my answer he starts laughing. It’s not of those creepy sadistic chuckles he usually throws at me. It’s a genuine honest laugh and I find myself surprised that he can actually do it.
”Well I’m glad I’m not the only one.” He says before giving another small laugh. Edward was the one who did a number of cruel things to me but still at this moment I find myself relieved that he is actually smiling at me. Recently all I got from people around me has been cold glares and rough treatment so the fact that he doesn’t seem to follow the same path as Michael and Jenna or everyone else is rather comforting. I actually think he’s trying to cheer me up as if he too has noticed the cold glare that was directed to me back in the car. 
“Here’s your room.” He stops in front of a door and inserts the card to open it.
”While you unpack, I’ll  check the room to make sure there’s nothing wrong.”He says, opening the door and inviting himself in.
I step in after him and look at the huge room that was given to me. What takes my breath away when I observe the room is the huge window beside the bed and the gorgeous white view that it presents. It’s amazing. Tall trees and mountains covered in pure white. The sunshine is making the snowflakes glow like diamonds and for as far as my eyes can see everywhere is covered with white. Winter has only  just started and yet it feels like it has been snowing here for a long time. 
All the recent troubles aside, I feel happy that I got a chance to see a place like this. This beautiful view, unknowingly puts a smile on my lips. 
”I didn’t know you could smile like that.” I hear Edward’s voice from another side of the room and turn to look at him. He is sitting on the bed, staring at me, as if surprised to see me smile. 
“What are you sitting down for? If you’re done checking then go.” I turn away from the window and grab my luggage before starting to take out the things I have brought. He seems to ignore my request and keeps looking around. His eyes land on the small old photo that I carry around with me and is now top of my clothes in my luggage. He stares at it for a while as I keep putting my clothes inside the drawers. 
“Is that your mom?” He breaks the silence again, his gaze never leaving the photo. I stop my hands midway and turn to see the photo. 
“Yeah.” Even though I have seen it a thousand times, the beautiful photo takes even my attention away. It’s a photo I took from my mom when I was 15. She is smiling sweetly and is holding the bouquet I bought for her birthday. 
Soon he draws his hand close to the photo and grabs the frame looking at it closely.
”Wow you don’t resemble her at all.” He states his gaze now locked on me. I guess it only takes a look to realize I almost look nothing like my mom. I smile bitterly as I find the fact too ironic. to look like someone you’ve never seen! How would that make you feel? It certainly doesn’t make me happy.
”Yes well... It seems I took after someone I never got to see.” I sit down beside him looking at the photo in his hand. He stays silent for a while but then starts talking again.
” Your father... You don’t know anything about him? Nothing at all?” His question surprises me. 
“ Not really. No matter how many times I asked Yuri she never even gave me a proper name or a picture.” It’s not like it’s a secret so I answer him honestly. Though my mom refused to tell me anything about the man she had affairs with, She never ever spoke badly of him. She never told me he was a jerk or that she hated him. That’s why I convinced myself that I wasn’t the result of a one night stand or just a mistake.
”Have patience girl. I get the feeling you will eventually find out everything you want to know about your past.” He says stroking my hair with his hand. It feels comforting so I let him do it. 
“You sound like a grandfather.” I tell him and he laughs before putting his hand away. 
“I checked the room and everything seems safe. My room’s right in front of yours. if you need to go anywhere let me know beforehand.” He instructs me before getting up the bed and putting the photo back in it’s place. Then he leaves the room.