The contract

Arven's POV
As he closes the trunk, I try my best to enjoy the last beam of light that my eyes could bask in. leaving me in complete darkness he starts the car,probably taking  me to the man that called him earlier. During our ride I stay silent, knowing there's not much I can do. Instead I try to brush away the painful memories of the past few days. I lost my home, I was kidnapped, I was bound, I was touched against my will and now I'm being taken to somewhere else with no idea of what will they do to me. My body is trembling as shivers keep running down my spine and the touch of the cold metal that's binding my hands behind me is starting to scrape my skin. 
About an hour passes and the car finally comes to a stop. Seconds later the trunk opens and my company in the past few days apears before me again. He grabs me by the hand and pulls me out of the car.But my dizzy head and my cold body prevents me from keeping my balance. As soon as I land, I feel the world spinning before me. My legs give in to the gravity and I start falling down. Closing my eyes I prepare myself for a painful landing, hoping I won't sprain my ankle but I feel no impact. I open my eyes to see him right beside me, his arms engulfing my body. I look at him trying to read his expression but my blurry eyes can barely make out the features of his face. It takes about 10 seconds before my vision starts coming back to me and I realize I'm still using his body to stay standing. I quickly pull away, not willing to receive his help and he sighs, his face showing signs of relief. Although confused by his reaction my attention is drifted when my eyes catch a glimpse of the place I was brought to. A Huge house surrounded by a beautiful garden, is in front of me. The shining appearance of the building, the large windows, the beautiful white lights that are decorating the view and the old tall trees that are carefully pollard, they all take my breath away. As I keep staring in astonishment I feel someone give me a light push on my back. 
"You can save your admiration for later." I hear his voice from behind me as he comes closer, undoing the cuffs that's binding my hands.

"Now you can either start walking towards that house or we can do this the hard way." He says looking down at me, awaiting my answer. I take a glance at the door that lies a few feet forward and start walking over to it. At this point, it's useless to try to escape and I'm too tired to do it anyway. So I summon all the strength I have and keep walking. The big wooden door draws closer by the second and before long I'm standing right in front of it. 
He walks behind me for the whole time but once we're there he goes past me and opens the door. As expected the inner decoration of the house is as much shiny and expensive looking as the outside. A large hall with a marbled staircase on the left side is in front of me. Beside the staircase is an old fireplace surrounded by a beautiful set of creamy furnitures. The walls are covered with old attractive paintings. On the right side there is a corridor and I catch a glimpse of a few shadows seeming to hide behind the walls. For a house as big as this one, it's surprising how quiet it is. I ignore the faint whispers and stares that are probably directed to me and keep walking towards the directions he gives me. He leads me up the stairs and there is a room at the end of the passageway with it's door half open. He stops in front of it, opens the door fully and motions me to go in. 

The first thing that catches my eyes is the figure of a tall man sitting on a couch in the middle of of the room. He has dark brown hair, milky skin and dark blue eyes, just like mine. He's wearing a dashing suit and is holding a few documents in his right hand. Once he notices my presence, he looks up and a smile forms up on his lips. 
"Welcome to Harrison house, Arven Li."
He says examining me from head to toe, as if trying to match me with his data log.
"Why don't you take a seat so I can explain everything to you in detail?" He asks politely but I stand there, not willing to do as he says.
"How about you start with the reason you kidnapped me?" I ask crossing my arms, hoping I would finally have some answers.
He looks confused at my question and after a few seconds his eyes dart away towards my kidnapper whom I didn't realize had been standing beside me the whole time.
"You didn't tell her anything, did you Edward?"
He sighs and gets up, sounding tired. 
"It was already enough of a pain to babysit her, I didn't have it in me to try and explain every little thing to her." He says faking tiredness, as if he was exhausted from having me around. A rush of anger runs through my body as I hear his words. 
"Excuse you! Is confining and raping someone what you call babysitting?!" I almost shout every word at him. 
"For gods sake, I didn't rape you. all I did was to unbutton your shirt." He says looking straight at me. I feel my cheeks burn and I'm pretty sure I'm blushing. But this is no time to be backing down.
"It- It doesn't make a difference, you almost did." damn, I'm stammering. I can't believe myself.
"Hah, I can show you the difference, RIGHT now, RIGHT here!"He says cockily. I feel myself blushing even more. Before I can come up with something, he continues. 
"And for your information nursing you back to health from a fever IS babysitting." 
" I wouldn't have broken into a fever if it wasn't because of you." I snap back glaring at him with all my might. He sighs and before he can say more, the bystander who have been watching us for the whole time clears his throat, asking for attention. I glance at him and he sighs.
"Arven, I'm sorry if Edward's been rough with you. But would you please give me a chance to explain?" he asks with a bit of disappointment in his eyes. After all that happened, an explanation does sound nice. I turn my head and look at him and he seems to take my silence for consent and starts talking again.
"First of all, allow me to introduce myself properly. My name is Michael Harrison. The CEO of the Harrison corps. I believe you have at least heard of it's name." 
Of course I did. Harrison is a well known company that has dealings in many fields. They manage trading posts, own hospitals, and even work on software technologies all around England. So I nod in response and he continues. 
" And I assume you also knew that your mother, Yuri, was an employee here!" Mentioning her at this point startles me. What does my mother have to do with this?
"She worked for Harrison for a few years, as part of the Tech support department!" I state what I know about my mom. But he must know that much if he is the president.
He stares at me as if trying to confirm my honesty.  Then runs a hand in his hair and continues.
"So she even kept you in the dark." 
"Why don't you get to the point?!" I tell him, not being able to glue the pieces together. 
"The point is that yuri never worked for the tech department. She worked in Harrison headquarters, under my father's direct orders" 
What he says bewilders me. How can that be true? If she had such a good position why did she resign? why did we have to live such a miserable life? What were we hiding from all this time? No that's not it, He must be lying. I glance back at him and he seems to have noticed my confused expression. 
"If you don't believe me then take a look at these." He hands me the documents he was holding  and waits for me to examine them. 
I look closely as I go through the pages. They're filled with numbers and names of different goods. Like the records of a transaction. But wait...
"Do you know what they are?" He asks snapping me out of my thoughts. 
"They are dealing records. But something isn't right. The prices of the goods and the money spent doesn't seem to add up. As if part of the money is missing." I turn to look at him and he seems surprised to be hearing this from me. 
"Go on to the last page." I turn over the pages and reach the last one. 
" The money that's missing is transferred into another account. The name of it's owner is mentioned in it." I look at the page and it looks like a print from a bank account. The money that is missing is transferred into this account at the same date. It's clear now that these papers are referring to a shady deal. 
"So you hand me a print that's proving a shady business that happened years ago. What are you getting at?" 
"You see, these records belong to another company named Pulse. And this piece of paper can barely be called a crime in comparison to other things they do. But it's all we have against them, which is abviously not enough to even put a scratch on their credibility. However we didn't have access to even this much information until a little while ago." He pauses for a while and then turns his gaze to me. 
"This is where you come in" He hands me his phone, I look at the screen and it looks to be reading an email. I stare at the screen and start reading the content. What I find in that mail shakes every ounce of my body. The email is sent from my mom asking Micheal Harrison to protect me against the upcoming threats. In return for doing so she has attached a file to the email and it's the same document I was reading earlier. Why did mom have access to such data? and furthermore she has threatened that if anything happens to me, the rest of the data will be gone forever. 
knowing that thinking alone isn't going to give me answers I turn my gaze over to him again. 
"Why does Yuri have access to such information? And what would she want to protect me from?" I  feel my eyes tear up but manage to hold them back. Thinking about Yuri has always been painful but now it's even more excruciating, remembering how much she kept from me. 
"your mother was a genius. After she left Japan and started studying here,My father, Charles Harrison scouted her out knowing her talent would be useful. And then instead of a simple technician she became a hacker and hacked into Pulse's main database. The information she managed to steal must have been a lot more than this but as you can see she only sent me this much and demanded that if I didn't protect you the rest of the info would be gone for good." He pauses again, probably waiting for me to keep up with what he's saying. 
"Many of my people have tried but Pulse has a strong system protecting and hiding it's datas. I had already given up on trying to get something against them when I received that mail from your mother. So I decided to bring you here." 
"And did you have to be a jackass and kidnap me to reach your goal? you could've just brought me here normally!" 
"As you can see your mother seems to have been concerned about something that is threatening your life. That's why I had Edward bring you here like this. I wanted whoever had eyes on you to think you're being kidnapped and taken away, so they would feel instigated and would finally crawl out of their holes. You must have witnessed it tonight. They did show up and they were willing to kill both of you to prevent you from being taken away."  The memories run back to my head like a painful stab. Mom was a hacker, my life is in danger. I put my hand on my forehead and start rubbing it to ease the stabbing pain that was piercing through me. 
"Be that as it may, here you are." He says shrugging his shoulders as if trying to cheer me up. 
"So what do you want from me? I'm sorry but you should already know that I knew nothing of what Yuri did, and I really can't help you find anything related to those information." 
"I already knew that you were unaware of what she was doing. My father took his chances and tried to trick Yuri into giving him the info he needed but in the end Yuri outsmarted him and we got nothing. So this time I'm not going to take any chances. Even though she is passed now, I'm sure she has set something somewhere for us to get what we want, so long as I fulfill my part of the deal." 
I look up at him and he is staring into my eyes. His expression somehow reminds me of a tricky man trying to sell off his merchandise. 
" Where does that leave me then?" I ask demanding to know what he wants from me. He sighs and sits beside me, staring into my eyes. 
"I know you came here against your will but I will no longer push you to it. In order to keep you safe until we find out who those people are and until I can get my hands on those documents, I offer you a job in the company and a place to stay under our watch. You're pretty much allowed to live your daily life and proceed with your normal routine only with better and more suitable accommodations. My only condition is that you allow us to keep a watch on you so we can repell any sort of danger that comes your way." He pauses there, probably trying to see the hints of acceptance or rejection in my face. I show none of them as I really don't know how should I respond. 
If I accept his offer, I'll likely get a job which is like a dream at my current situation. But his violent way of bringing me here, his creepy minion, his not very convincing reasons for trying to bring down a whole company, and his tricky cunning way of smiling were all enough reason to know he is not trustworthy. But if I reject his offer wouldn't those people come back for me again? Only I wouldn't have anything to defend against them and this time they can easily get rid of me. For all I know the whole facade that went on earlier might even be part of his plans to get me where he wanted. 
But on the other hand taking him up on his offer will give me an opportunity to finally reveal the secrets of my own past. Those that my mother kept sealed away no matter how hard I tried to pry. Looking at me now I have nothing. No past to refer to, nothing much presentable at the moment and likely no future if I continued down this path. 
His voice echoes through the room again and I am brought back to reality, noticing he is handing me another piece of paper. 
"If you agree to my terms sign this contract with me and you will officially become a part of Harrison." I look at the paper and it's a legal official employment contract. I take the pen that is lying on the table in front of me and draw it close to the paper. This is it. The blue ink colores the paper, the second they touch and here we are. I look up at him and hand him the paper. He takes a look at it and smiles in satisfaction. 
"Looking forward to working with you, Miss Li." He says, standing up and calling someone from outside. In less than ten seconds a woman appears in front of the door, asking for permission to come in. 
He turns his gaze to me and smiles.
"I'm sure you had a very hard day. You should rest. We'll discuss everything else at a later date." He puts his hand on my shoulder and slowly pushes me to walk forward, leading me out of the room. 
"A room has been prepared for you and Jenna here will provide you with anything you need." I look at the woman and she seems to be in her  mid thirties. she is wearing a white blouse and with a black coat on top of it and a black skirt. She smiles at me and points me to leave the room and follow her. Before I do I take a glance back at Michael. As if he no longer had to maintain his smile in front of me his face turns blank, with no readable emotion. He soon closes the door and I turn my head back to face the corridor and follow Jenna wherever she was going.