Chapter 27

Andrew's POV

A sharp pain radiated from my chest just to the left of where my heart would be. Lana. i stood quickly and pushed my chair back so hard that it fell over. i rushed to the door and flung it open. the pain in my chest began to pulsate as i stood in the door way, i followed the feeling own the stairs around corners until a path became clear to me. i ran as fast as my feet could carry me towards the clinic area.

i found my mate standing next to my mother. tears were streaming down her face as she collapsed to her knees in pain. i ran to her and knelt next to her.

"shh, baby, it's going to be alright." i whispered in her ear.

"h-he's dead." she whimpered.

"who's dead, baby?" i asked her, desperate to understand.

"Ohana." she collapsed into sobs again and i pulled her tighter to me. My heart ached for the puppy who really didn't get the chance to live and for the beautiful girl in my arms, wracked with guilt about something she had no control over.

"Alpha!" a voice sounded over the mind-link, "I think we found something," the voice paused, "bring Lana."

*

I had Lana in my arms, her cheeks still wet with tears. "what's going on?" I asked as we entered the room, everyone turning to look at us.

A small, light haired child dat in one of the chairs in front of my desk, her eyes red and her breath gasping. "We went to the pack members to see if anyone saw anything," luke explained, "we found

Stella babe long in her parents arms about a monster that came out of the woods."

Luke stopped talking and looked at me, raising his eyebrows meaningfully. suddenly it dawned on me what he was trying to imply. the monsters in the woods Lana talked about, they were real; and they were after my mate.

I felt my arms tense, clutching Lana closer to me, the urge to protect her stronger than ever. no harm will come to mate! my wolf growled possessively inside my head.

I agreed with him whole heartedly. "add extra hairdos to the perimeter, no one gets in or out without my say so." I spoke quickly, " perimeter runs need to be increased, I want extra patrols randomly around the pack grounds."

A couple of the pack members in the room rushed to complete my orders. a long, tense science filled the room before Luke broke it, "now what?" he asked.

"We wait." I told him truthfully.

*

Lana's POV

Andrew sat across from me, his forearms resting on his knees. my eyes felt sore and swollen from crying over Ohana.

"I need you to tell me everything you know about the monsters in the woods."

My breath hitched at his words. "they're here, aren't they?" I asked him, terror filling my body at the prospect of those vile creatures being so close to those I had left.

The thought of me starting school here entered my head and my panic increased. my breath came shortly as I expressed my thoughts to andrew, "I can't go to school with them here!"

"Don't worry lana, I'm not going to make you. I will always protect you, always."

I nodded and contemplated my actions before launching myself at him and curling up in his lap. as our skin made contact I felt myself relax. my worry easing out of me after every second and I proceeded to tell him everything I knew. Hoping it would help him.

The End

***

I know this is kinda a sucky ending, I've just had this going for so long that I'm just, ready to be done with it. if I get a really strong response from this I may do a sequel but I wouldn't expect one from me.

I started another book a little while ago which presumably contributed to my procrastination. please check it out if you want to! I'm pretty proud of it I guess, it's called Norman.

Thank you all so much for reading, your support means so much to me.