chapter 8

Andrew's POV

i waited at the bottom of the stairs for Lana to come down for our date. i was nervous, my palms were sweating and i felt almost lightheaded. i rubbed my hands along the sides of my pants when i heard someone approach. i whipped my head towards the sound and saw my father standing in the doorway. he walked to me and slapped me on the back. "i;m happy for you, son. you found your mate, and soon you'll take over the pack, i just want to make sure your ready." he paused in his speech, "are you?"

"For my mate? or to take over the pack?" i questioned.

"either. both."

"i think so. you made sure of it."

"good. do i need to... inform you... about... things?" he asked.

i was confused at first, but when it dawned on me, i felt my face go crimson and stuttered out a, "God, no!"

my dad laughed at my reaction and nodded, leaving me to suffer my nervousness in solitude. i paced back and forth, hoping i wouldn't get in trouble for wearing a hole in the carpet.

i suddenly heard a throat clearing at the top of the stairs, i looked up and saw an angle descend from the floor above. i opened my mouth, but nothing came out, "wow... you look... wow... just... amazing."

Lana, hearing what i said, simply giggled, which brought a wide smile to my face. pleased that i had made her happy with my compliment. she wore a white summer dress that came to her knees and flowed around her legs. she climbed down the stairs with the ease and grace of a ballerina. when she reached me i took her hand and brought it to my lips, i bent at the waist in a deep bow. 'what the hell are you doing? you look ridiculous!' i told myself.

'then why does our mate look so happy about your reaction to her?'  my wolf questioned me.

he had a good point. my little mate had the largest smile on her face, she seemed to glow with happiness. i was so glad that i could be the reason behind that happiness. i placed her hand in the crook of my arm and guided her outside to where my car was parked. i had previously took down the roof of my dad's old convertible that i was borrowing from him for my date. the car was fairly old but still looked amazing, it had gray, vinyl bench seats in the front and back and a cream coloured exterior. i opened the door for Lana and she giggled as she sat down. "you are so polite, boys back in my village never would have done something like that, i am glad that my first date is with such a gentleman." she murmurs, but thanks to my enhanced hearing, i caught.  so i'm her first date...'why does that make me so happy?' i questioned myself and my wolf again answered.

his sarcastic voice filled my head as he said, 'because it means no one else has been with her the way that you have, that you are special to her. doofus.'

Lana's POV

i looked down from where i stood at the top of the stairs and saw andrew pacing back and forth. he looked so nervous. 'why was he so nervous?' i asked myself. then it dawned on me. he was nervous because of our date. i cleared my throat and his head snapped up to me and his jaw dropped slightly. he opened his mouth but nothing came out for a long while. once he regained his voice his words stumbled out, "wow... you look... wow... just... amazing."

i giggled at his complement. nobody had ever said things like that to me before. it made me feel nice, like there was a heat and a fluttering in my stomach. i descended the stairs and prayed that i didn't trip. i thankfully made it down the stairs without falling flat on my face and when i reached andrew, he took my hand in his and brought it to his lips. he bent at the waist and did a grand bow. he was acting like a real prince charming. he was acting like i was his princess. a wide smile appeared on my face and remained until it felt as if it would split my face in two. he placed my hand on the crook of his arm and guided me outside to a cream coloured convertible, the car was in very good condition, but was obviously very old. he opened the door closest to me and helped me in. andrew was so polite, it was nice, none of the boys from my village were that nice. i was glad that the boy who was going to take me on my first date, was such a gentleman.  i told him such and he smiled hugely.the smile on his face brought heat to my face and i looked down at my hands as i twisted them in my lap.

during the car ride there was a comfortable conversation with the odd lull. at no time was it awkward, more like peaceful. at some point during the ride andrew had taken my hand and given it a squeeze every now and then, sending electric currents up my arms. after almost half an hour of driving, andrew pulled up to the side of the road. he exited and ran around to my side to help me out of the car. we were currently standing near the entrance to the path to the woods. "we can't go in there, remember? the monsters."

"i remember. i remember everything you say to me. but you don't have to worry. there aren't any monsters in these woods. and if there is, i will keep you safe, i promise." he reassured me.

i smiled at the intense look in his chocolate coloured eyes. i grasped his hand in my own and he smiled down at our interlocked hands. this was the first time that i had initiated contact between us. i think he liked the fact that i was becoming more comfortable with him. he lead me down the path in the middle of the woods, i could feel the darkness surrounding me and i inched closer to andrew. i could feel his chuckle reverberate through his chest. it was a warm and rich sound that soothed my nerves. we walked along the path until we reached a clearing. the area was covered in soft, green grass and had candles covered the forest floor, there was twinkle lights strung up in the trees and there was a table in the center covered in a red checkered tablecloth, resting on it was two silver domes and two lit candle sticks. beside the table was to chairs. the hole effect was magical. it was as if fairies had come and covered the entire area in magic dust. it was magnificent.

a quiet gasp escaped my lips a i took in the sight before me. the boy standing next to me had gone to so much trouble to make our first date together memorable and special, he had spent so much time planning this, and i didn't know what to do first. hug him and thank him, or run into his arms and bawl my eyes out at the sweetness of this boy infront of me. andrew knelt down infront of me, noticing my tears he brought a hand up to my face and wiped one of the fallen tears. "what's wrong? do you not like it?" his voice was serious and worried.

"no, no, it's just so per-perfect." i hiccuped. 

andrew let out a relieved sigh at my answer and gathered me into his arms. the sparks generated by our skin contact, soothing the rest of my tears, the same way it soothed my nerves before entering the forest. i regarded the magical scene from over his shoulder and let out a contented sigh at the perfection of his gesture.

hello, i just wanted to again say thank you for reading my book and you know.... vote.... comment... recomend to your friends..... whatever. :) the first person to either vote or comment on this chapter will have my next one dedicated to them. the same will go for the rest of the chapters as well.