chapter 13

Lana's POV

a wiggling, brown puppy, sat in my arms as andrew helped me chose a bowl for him. i wanted to go with the pink one with the star decals on it, but andrew said he needed one that was more manly. i didn't understand his point.

"he's a puppy, he doesn't understand the diference between pink with stars and blue with skulls!" i told him.

"but everyone will think he's a girl if he has a pink bowl!" andrew argued back.

i huffed and put the bowl back on the shelf infront of me. i felt a tug on my shirt and looked down to see jacob staring up at me holding a dark blue bowl covered in yellow stars. "will this work?" he asked quietly. 

i smiled at him and handed it to andrew, "jacob found this one. i like it. is it manly enough?" 

andrew chuckled and said, "definitely." 

i smiled at jacob and ruffled his hair, "thanks, sweet heart."

"no problem, can we go home, i want to see tiffany again." he told me.

"as soon as we pay, we can go home." carl told him.

jacob smiled and went to wait at the cash register. i carried the puppy to where jacob was waiting and andrew brought the supplies that we had accumulated. while paying for everything, the lady that was in charge of the store handed me a form on a clipboard to fill out. on the place to put a name for our puppy, i didn't know what to fill in. "what name should i chose?" i asked everyone.

everyone started shouting out names and i couldn't understand what they were saying. the only name i could make out was one that jacob had said. 'ohana'.

we had watched a movie on the plane ride, i forget the name of it, but it talked of another word for family, ohana. i wrote it down on the sheet and handed it back to the woman. 

***

we all made our way from the car, andrew and sasha's arms full of bags from the pet store, mine holding onto my new little ohana.  jacob ran ahead of us to find tiffany and tell her about his adventures. it was adorable how much he liked her. i grabbed andrew's hand and set ohana on the ground, clipping a leash to his new blue collar. "can we take him for a walk? i want him to get used to his leash, it's what the lady at the store said to do." i asked andrew.

"sure thing sweet pea." 

i smiled widely at andrew and started to lead him towards a path in the forest. ohana trotted along infront of us, seeming to have no problem walking on his leash. 

Andrew's POV

i smiled as lana was lead down the path by the puppy she had named ohana. it had made her so happy, i was glad that i had suggested her getting him. i squeezed her hand and felt shocks up my arm and warmed my entire being. i heard my wolf let out a contented sigh. everything was peaceful. as soon as lana's cousin realized how safe lana was here, and how much she liked it, we wouldn't have a problem.

i heard a twig snap in the forest and froze. the smell of rotten garbage reached my nose and i pulled lana close to me. i started to pull her back with me, ignoring her protests. i reached down and picked up ohana, i handed him to lana and whispered in her ear, "i can smell rouges. i'm going to take you back to the pack house and i want you to tell carl about this and to find Declan. i want you to stay calm, i will not let you get hurt. i promise."

lana nodded her head silently, clutching ohana to her chest. i backed us both slowly out of the forest. our feet crunched on the gravel path and three rouges stepped out of the woods. their fur was scruffy, they had scars running down their bodies and one had a patch missing from their ears. they slowly surrounded us and i could feel lana's fear through our mate bond. i placed a hand on her shoulder and tried to calm her down. i called for Declan through the pack mind link and told them to come help us. the rouges slowly surrounded us. one of them transformed and said, "so, looks like big bad alpha finally found his luna, huh? to bad her and her little puppy won't see the sunrise tomorrow."

he slowly stepped towards us, fur started to sprout from his face, his finger nails extended, turning into claws, his canines turning into fangs. his eyes dilated and turned an evil red colour. the one to the right of us, with the patch missing from his ear, narrowed his eyes and crept forward. i hugged lana closer to me as the wolf lunged, lana cringed into me and i turned my body, trying to shield her from the wolf. before the rouge could land atop me, it was knocked to the ground by a sand coloured wolf. the wolf who tackled the rouge opened it's jaws and bit into the throat of the other wolf. three other wolves burst from the trees coming from the direction of the pack house. all together the four wolves beat down and killed the rouges that had surrounded us. i looked down and saw lana crying on the ground. i bent down and picked her up bridal style. i noticed that she was looking at ohana and she had wrapped the scarf she had been wearing around him. i started to run back to the pack house, the puppy's blood had started to seep through the fabric. i called ahead to the pack doctor to see if she could help lana's puppy, and was thankful that she could. i roughly shouldered open the door the the pack hospital, the same one that lana and jacob had been staying in when they got to america. i ran as fast as i could through the seemingly never ending corridors and up several flights of stairs until i reached my destination. the door to the exam room was being held open for us and once we were inside i set lana on the table in the center of the room. a doctor came in and stated to examine lana. i gently took ohana from lana's grasp and handed him to a nurse that was waiting to take him down to be examined by someone else. lana whimpered when she realized through her tears that her arms were empty. i held her as close as i could without interrupting the examination the doctor was giving her. i kissed the side of her face and whispered what i hoped was soothing words into her ears. she finally calmed down enough for her tears to stop and when i looked down at her and i realized she had fallen asleep. i pressed my lips to her forehead and lied her down on a spare bed sitting in the room. i lied down next to her and wrapped an arm around her. the doctor had assured me that lana was fine and had retained no injuries.  there was a gentle knock on the door before it opened. a nurse poked her head in and said, "hello, alpha, i have news about luna's puppy."

"what is it?" i asked her in a hushed tone.

"he survived surgery to heal the wounds, but he lost a lot of blood. he might not make it."

thank you for reading! i am shocked and amazed by the amount of people reading this. the dedication for this chapter.... da da da dun! thatsarahgurl! thanks for your comment and vote!