chapter 5

Lana's POV

as we pull up to the campus, andrew opened the door and lifts me out of the car. Carl pokes his head out of the window and says to us, "i'm going to register Jacob in elementary school, andrew, why don't you go show Lana around the campus."

"sure thing, carl," andrew says to him while i just nod and smile, happy to spend more time with my prince charming.

i go to the other side of the car and bend down to Jacob's window as he rolls it down. i lean through the window and kiss his cheek explaining to him what is going to happen to him in russian so he isn't confused, "me and andrew are going to explore the school that i'm going to, while carl takes you to yours. i will see you later today, okay? be good for carl."

"okay." Jacob whispers to me, "you won't leave right?" tears are glistening in his wide green eyes, shining with innocence and insecurity and i almost can't break myself away from him.

"of course i won't, honey." i reassure him, running a hand through his golden hair.

i paste a smile on my face and try to look comforting. i kiss his cheek again and back up and wave. Jacob rolls up his window again and presses his face against it while returning my gesture. as i look at the retreating car, i can feel tears start to collect in my eyes. Andrew comes up behind me and raps his arms around me from behind. i turn my body so that my face is as close as i can get it, due to my short height, i only reach his armpit. he rubs his hands up and down on my back while making soothing sounds. he looks down and noties my tears for the first time and crouches down slightly so we are the same height.

"what's wrong, baby girl, what can i do to make it better?" his eyes hold sympathy and slight confusion, but behind that i can see how much he cares for me already, i hope he knows i care for him as well.

"I-I j-just w-want him to b-be ha-happy, b-but i ca-can't take away his p-pain." i wail, my sobs causing me to stutter.

"oh, honey," he whispers to me soothingly, "you can't take away all his pain, but it will get better, i promise. he is always going to have you, but when he goes to school he is going to meet all these people who are going to like him too, and they will help him get through this, just like how you have me."

i nod my head but barry myself deeper in his neck. the wind blows harshly against my back and i shiver. andrew takes notice of this and removes his sweater to wrap it around my shoulders. as i snuggle into the warmth it provides andrew wraps an arm around my shoulders and guides me towards the big green doors at the entrance to the gigantic brick building.

Andrew's POV

when i saw her tears, it broke my heart. i didn't know what had happened to make her so sad and i didn't know what to do to make it better. i tried my hardest to comfort her, i hope it helped her. i wrap my arm around her petite shoulders and guide her to the entrance of the high school.

i push the green, metal doors open and walk us through. the doors open to the main entrance way, which is basically a large, open room with hallways branching off of it. there are benches over to the side so i sit and pull her down so she is sitting on my lap. i wrap my arms around her slim body and she snuggles closer to me which makes me smile grimly. on one hand, i'm happy that she can find comfort from me, but sad that she needs comfort in the first place. someone as wonderful as her shouldn't have to go through any pain.

🌸Lana's POV🐚

After drying my tears and getting my breath back, Andrew continues with his tour of the school. the outside of the school has a parking lot at the front of the school, surrounded by green, manicured grass that stretches around to the back of the school where there is a courtyard where students can eat their lunch. inside their was long hallways lined with green lockers and blue doors that lead to class rooms. Andrew pointed out what class rooms were which subject and what section of the school was dedicated too what. there was a science and a math section and almost an entire wing dedicated to french and other second languages. as he was leading me past the entrance of the school again he said, "this is the atrium and," he pointed to a door that was lead to by several marble steps, "that, is the auditorium. it's where the faculty holds assemblies."

i nod in understanding and say, "why are there windows in the ceiling?" while pointing upwards.

"they're called 'sky lights'. they let in more natural light. uses les energy or something like that."

"okay."

i rub my left shoulder with my right hand and look down shyly. i really want to reach down and grab his hand, but what if he doesn't want me to? he agreed to be my prince charming, but does that make us a 'couple'? or a boyfriend/girlfriend? i do not understand the details that are implied by agreeing to these names, but they seem to be important here. maybe if i put my hand down again he will grab it?

Andrew's POV

i finished showing her the rest of the school and am now showing her the auditorium. it was the cutest thing ever when she asked why there was windows in the ceiling. i really want to hold her hand. what if she doesn't want me to? she has her arm across her chest, i can't hold her hand. she slowly lowers her hand, i reach out to the side at the same time she does and our hands connect. i can feel the sparks shoot up my arm from where our hands connect. the mate bond is getting stronger. i stop just at the entrance to the door. carl had texted me while i was showing her around to tell me that he had enrolled her already and had dropped off Jacob at the pack house. through the windows of the entrance to the school, we could see that there was rain coming down heavily. i looked down at Lana and whispered, "we don't have an umbrella."

"we are going to have to run," she said and her russian accent became more pronounced. 

i slowly leaned towards her, ready to connect our lips, when she turned away at the last second, and ran out the door. before i could stop him, my wolf let out a low growl. i quickly collected myself and followed her out side. she stood in the middle of the empty parking lot in the middle of the rain and motioned for me to her. i slowly walked towards her and she smiled. when she reached me her smile turned into a full on grin and she rested her hands on my shoulders and pulled me down so i was her height and lifted herself up on her tip toes and pressed her lips against mine. i moved my lips against hers and my entire body felt like it was wreathed in white hot fire from the sparks generated by the mate bond. i pulled away, breathing heavily and both of us were soaked. raindrops slid down both of our faces and i slowly leant forward again and gave her several chaste kisses. in between kisses i said, "Lana. will. you. be. my. girlfriend?"

she pressed a long kiss to my lips and said, "yes." with a wide smile on her face.

thank you so much for reading, this chapter is dedicated to 'thatbvbfangirl', for being the first to vote for my book. :) thank you!