chapter 17

• Dedicado a KBleed98

Lana's POV

after revealing sasha's secret to andrew i was worried about how he was going to react. he had a russian spy living in his house full of werewolves. i don't think this was a situation he thought i would get him into. that's not even mentioning all the ways that sasha could kill all of the before they even realised. sasha was dangerous, not to me or jacob mind you, but to everybody else, he was. sasha is fiercly protective over the people he cares about. he's lost so many that he will do anything he can not to lose anybody else. i realised this when a village boy had asked me out and when sasha heard he fought with him, even though the boy was three times his size. i told sasha that i had turned down the boy, that i was wating for my prince charming, but that seemed to inrage him farther. he broke a hole in three different walls that night. after that incident, he was different. he chased away any boy that showed an interest in me and was acting like a mama bear who's cubs were in danger. i only hope that he hasn't planned to do anything to andrew.

i sat on andrew's lap in the middle of the family room. there was four leather sofas in here which all faced a massive television mounted on the wall, underneath there was a mass of different looking cords and boxes strewn about. i didn't want to embarass myself by asking what they were, but i waas curious. when i did ask i got the reaction i expected; laughter. i looked down at my hands in my lap as andrew's laughter, which usually filled me with warmth, filled me with shame and embarassment. he just didn't remember our different up bringing, i rationalised with myself, if he did, he wouldn't be laughing at me. i felt my eyes start to water as i tried to choke down the sob that wanted to break through my closing throat.

Andrew's POV

i realised my mistake as soon as i saw her glassy eyes. i stoped laughing and pulled her closer to me. "i'm sorry, baby" i told her, "i didn't want to hurt you, i'm sorry."

"i know," she whispered quietly.

it broke my heart, hearing the hurt in her voice. i tightened my arms around her body and preseed my face to her throat. "i'm so sorry, they're game systems, sweetie. i forgot that you don't know this. i'm so sorry."

she nodded and i said, "do you want me to teach you how to play?"

lana seemed interested in the idea that. she confirmed by saying, "ok. i want to learn more about your life."

i smiled at her sentement. she really was interested in me and it warmed my heart. i'm going to learn more about her, i promised myself.

Lana's POV

after showing me how to play the wierd games on the tv, andrew played several games against me. my favourite was the racing one with the little characters that you could control with the bottons. i got my car arcoss the finish line befor andrew got his arcoss. this seemed to upset him, as he threw the controller down on the ground, he let out a deep growl. i slowly got up from the couch and let out a small squeak as i noticed his black eyes. i reached out towards him and as i placed my hand on his broad shoulder, he took a deep breath and his eyes returned to their natural colour. "what's wrong?" i asked him.

"oh, he just can't believe you beat him in his best game on your first try." a voice spoke up from the doorway to the living room. 

i turned to see Declan leaning against the archway. i cocked my head to the side. "sore loser." Declan muttered.

Andrew growled again and i shot Declan a nervous look. he looked over at me and gave me a reassuring smile. i reached out towards andrew again a pleading look in my eyes. he grabs my hand mid-air just as i'm about to touch his shoulder. i take a deep breath and say, "why are you upset?" andrew breathes deeply and lets out a sigh , "is it because my car went before yours? because i thought that if your my prince charming, we share everything, wins and losses?"

andrew smiles at me and he seems to relax because of my words, "of course, baby."

Declan snorted at our exchange and left the room. i laughed at him, "one day he's going to find his mate and we're going to laugh at him." i told andrew. he just shook his head smiling fondly at the place declan stood.

Andre's POV

"the man's my best friend, but he just doesn't know what he's talking about concerning mates." i said, wrapping myself around lana.

flashback ~ (10 years ago)

my palms sweated as i looked around the room nervously. i was starting school here in the third grade. everybody else has known eachother scince kindergarden. i sat on the swing by myself. a little blond boy approached me and asked, "are you the new kid?"

i nodded and he said, "cool. we should be friends now. no. best friends! brothers." he nodded, satisfied with his proposition. 

end flashback ~ (present)

Lana's POV

after our video game escapade andrew and i went into the kitchen to have a snack. when we entered carl was sitting at the counter with his head in his hands. he seemed worn out. he had told me something like this may happen, when a werewolf loses it's mate, it's like they lose a part of themselves too. most of them either go insane or comit suicide because they can't handle the greif. i was suprised that carl had held on this long, but he was always a survivor. nothing ever brought him down. i was confident that he would make it through this too. 

hey guys.....

i'm sorry it's been so long scince i updated..... i'mgoing to try and update regularly now.... i promise. i want to thank you for all the amazin responses i've gotten from you guys! it's inspiring. again, anybody who is the first to vote, comment, or add my story to their reading list, gets th next chapter dedicated to them. this one is dedicated to..... KBleed98, for adding my story to her reading list!

if any of you have scenes that you want me to put in either as filler r other, just let me know and i'll try my hardest. i had the hiccups while writting the majority of this chapter so i;m sorry it's so short and that is sucks... :(