chapter 4

hey, 

sorry if my book wasn't working for a while, something happened to all my chapters but they're back. i changed chapter 3, so if you've read it please go back and re-read the end.

🌸Lana's POV🐚

I can feel the warmth of the sun on my face, which is peeking out from above my covers. the sun never felt this warm in Russia, there was always a hint of cold or a breeze that would steal the sun's warmth, even on a sunny day while working the fields, you would have to wear long pants with a long sleeve just to preserve body heat. Here I can see people walk down the street in short pants or skirts and shirts without sleeves. It's the things like these, that no body else thinks is weird, but I find so unusual, that makes me nervous about school and having some sort of relationship with Andrew. Yesterday during dinner Carl had told me all about school here. of course we had studies in Russia but it was normal for your parents to just teach you what was needed to tend to crops and take care of yourself. From what I had learned yesterday, school sounded fun. A place to learn new things and meet new people. Andrew had joined the conversation and told me that it wasn't always fun and that sometimes you had to learn things you didn't want to, or do things with people you didn't like. I dint mind those things much, but I worry that people won't like me and may be mean. I don't think I have to worry about that any more, since Andrew agreed to be my Prince Charming. Once when mum was a child and being picked in by the other village girls, papa stuck up for her and told the girls to leave her alone. papa always took care of mum. it was how he proved himself worthy of her to himself. mum would always love him, but he didn't think he deserved her love. i always aspired to have a relationship like theirs. i think deep down i knew i would never find it with one of the village boys. a knock sounds timidy against my door and i call out for them to open the door.

Jacob opens the door a crack and peers in, he has tears running down his face and i'm instantly on edge. "what's wrong Jacob?" i question, pulling off my blankets so i can go up to him. 

"i miss mum and papa," he whispers quietly.

"i know you do buddy," i say in russian, picking him up and sitting him on my lap while i sit on the bed, "it's sad that they won't be back, but we both have to remember that they are in a better place now. they are up in heaven whatching us, and they are smiling. they would be so proud of you Jacob, you've been so strong. i want you to remember that no matter what i'll always be there for you, whenever you need me. my love is unconditional".

Jacob sniffles and snuggles into my arms. tears burn my eyes as i lookk down at my saddend little brother, knowing there is nothing i can do to ake away his pain. after i finish reasuring Jacob that i won't be leaving him, another knock sounds against my door. this time carl pops his head into my room. 

"hey, kids, i was going to go register you at school and was wondering if you wanted to come and look around?" he asks us.

i look down at Jacob and he nods. i tell carl that we would like to go and that we will be down in a second. i stand up still holding Jacob in my arms and go search for clothes for both me and him. for him i settle on a simple green t-shirt and khaki shorts. for myself i decide on a simple black tank top and a flowy, flowery skirt that goes down to just above my knees. i match my outfit with a silver locket that my mother had given me the day befor our village had burned down. after getting both of us dressed and ready, i take Jacob's hand and find my way down to the kitchen. when we find it, i see a large room with marble counters covering two walls, with dark wooden cabinets above and below them. the floors were covered with a light beige tile, matched with a yellow wallpaper on the wals there was a warm feeling of comfort present in the room.

"are you ready to go?" carl asked, i looked over to see him sitting on a bar stool at the counter next to andrew's dad teddy. 

"hallo, carl, hallo, teddy." i say to them both and  teddy nods to me in greeting, "yes, carl, we are ready to tour our new schools."

"get andrew to go with you, he can show you around the high school campus." teddy speaks up.

"good idea, he would be very useful, i haven't been there scince i was in school." carl responds.

jacob speaks up and says, "wow! that must've been a long time ago!" realizing what he said, Jacob looks down and blushes. "oops," he whispers.

i giggle at his embarrasment and i hear a groan from behind me. i turn around and see andrew leaning against the door frame looking like he was in pain.

"are you okay, andrew?" i ask him.

"of course princess," he responds.

i can feel myself heat up and giggle at his endearment for me. a wide smile spreads itself across my face and i simply giggle in return. teddy clears his throat and says, while gesturing between andrew and I "when did this happen."

i furrowed my brows in confusion, "what do you mean?"

"I mean when did you two become an 'item'" he elaborates.

"thing?" i'm even more confused now.

"he means what we talked about yesterday, when you agreed to be my princess." andrew whispers into my ear.

"oh! it happened yesterday night." i say to teddy.

teddy nods to himself, i'm assuming in acceptance. 

carl stands up and says, "well, it's time for us to go, andrew, do you want to come, to show Lana around the campus?" while ushering us out the door.

andrew agrees and follows us out to the car. 

***

Andrew's POV

i follow Lana, carl and Jacob out to Carl's car. when dad asked us what was going on between me and Lana i wasn't sure how to answer him, i mean, how do you tell your father that you agreed to be your mate's prince charming? i was hoping that Lana would answer him, so i could get an idea of where we were at in our relationship, but when she looked so confused it was almost as good, just because i got to see her look so adorable again. i hope i can see that look many, many times in the future. i want to be the one to introduce her to all these new things that she hasn't experienced before. when we got to the car, carl had all of their paperwork to register for school sitting on the front seat, and there wasn't enough seats in the back for us all to sit. Jacob climbs onto the seat and crawls onto the far seat and buckles himself in. i take a seat on the closest side of the car and pull Lana down so she is sitting on my lap, and close the door. i pull the seat buckle over us and smile at her giggling. i can't wait to introduce her to my friends. thy are going to love her.