Chapter 7

Lana's POV

i woke up the next day feeling invigorated. the sun peeked in between my curtains and woke me up brilliantly. i flipped the covers off of my body and jumped from my bed. i didn't let it bother me when i tripped over the sheet that had gotten twisted around my feet. today was the day that andrew was going to take me on my first date. i was so excited! i went to my closet and picked out my new flowery dress that i got when we came here. as i got ready i hummed a tune to one of my favorite russian lullaby. once i was ready i didn't know what to do. i sat on the edge of my bed and swung my legs back and forth. a knock sounded on my door as i was contemplating wether or not to go see if anybody else was awake. i skipped to the door with a large smile on my face. i opened the door and saw my younger brother, Jacob, standing at the threshold. he smiled at me and said in our native language, " Lana, do you want to come play with me?"

"of course i would." i told him with a smile.

Jacob grins at my response and takes my hand, leading me out of my room and down the grand staircase. i suggest having breakfast and he agrees, changing our direction and leading me to the kitchen. i don't know how he can know his way around already. when we entered the kitchen, there was approximately fifteen people around the table off the the right. as they noticed us, they all looked up at us with a puzzled expression on their faces. one of the women who looked very sophisticated stood up and walked toward us. when she reached us she spoke with a very harsh tone of voice, "who are you, and why are you here?"

i reasoned that she was just confused, that she didn't hear that we would be living with her so she was defensive. i decided to simply introduce our selves and said, "hallo, my name is Lana, and this is my little brother Jacob,"

"Why are you here?" she questioned again.

"we live here." jacob spoke up from behind me.

"do you now? then why don't i know you?" she asked.

"we just moved here." i say slowly, wanting to get my english words right so that we dont create more confusion.

she must have taken offense to the speed of my speech because she reached out a hand and slapped me across the face yelling, "don't you dare speak to me that way! i am the future Luna! i demand respect!"

Andrew's POV

i was in my dad's office, preparing so that everything would be ready for my date with Lana, when i heard a commotion and a lot of yelling coming from the kitchen. knowing that it was probably Stacey causing trouble again i rushed out of the room and ran down to the kitchen, where i found my beautiful mate with a red hand print on her face. she was staring at Stacey with a shocked and confused expression on her face.

I burst through the door and yelled at Stacey, " WHAT DID YOU DO!?"

she cowered from my alpha voice and replied meekly, "she disrespected me. i was telling her that i am the future luna. and that she should respect me."

Lana upon hearing this, covered her brothers ears and started whispering harshly in russian. the unknown words sounded very harsh and like she was yelling at Stacey. after she finished telling off stacey in russian, she turned to me and asked, "are we still going on our date today," her accent still very pronounced due to her anger.

"i wouldn't miss it." i told her, "why don't you take jacob out back to play with the other kids that will be going to school with him, while i talk to stacey."

she nodded her head but left with the finale comment, "i would never believe a lying pig if i were you." before turning both her and jacob and leaving through the back entrance.

once Lana had left the room i turned to stacey and looked at her expectantly. she immediately became defensive and said, "what!? she was talking to me like i was an idiot, real slow, you know? so i told her that i was the future luna here and that she should treat me like it."

"you idiot!" i yelled at her, "she is human! more importantly, she is my mate!"

after making my proclamation, there was a collective gasp from the room.

"what are you talking about silly, i'm your mate." stacey said, she seemed like she was barley holding herself together, emotionally, her voice cracked halfway through her defence, showing how stressed she was by my revelation. "besides, who ever heard of an alpha having a human mate! i mean, it's ridiculous!"

i growled lowly at her comment, my mate was not ridiculous and she would not be made fun of, at least not in my presence. "you will not speak of her that way!" i demanded, the alpha command seeping into my tone. 

Stacey bowed her head as a sign of her submission and scurried out of the room. i turned to the rest of the room and gave out the same message, "anybody who has any concerns about my mate, will go through me and risk losing a body part." i snarled at the end of the sentence and left the room to look for lana and her brother. 

i went to the back yard and found Lana playing with Jacob and the other kids. they all crowded around them as they play simon says. 

lana called out to the kids, "simon says, touch your toes!"

all the children crouched down and touched their toes. lana giggled at them and the sound brought a smile to my face. i walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist hugging her from behind. i planted a kiss on her neck, where i planned to mark her once she had accepted me and my pack. lana giggled again at my actions and turned around to face me. "hallo, andrew!" she said between giggles, "do you want to play the game with us? they are teaching me how to play, when i say simon says, they have to do what i said or they lose." 

i smiled at her child-like innocence. it made me happy that she hadn't been affected by the world yet. that she could still look at things in wonder. 

"i would love to play with you." i smiled to her.

***

after a rousing game of simon says, during which almost the entire pack came outside to either watch us or play with us, i told her that we should leave for our date soon, and she left to go get ready. Lana seems to have that affect on people, at least on me she does, where you just want to be around her, you want to protect her and make sure she enjoys herself. she has this energy, or something, that draws people to her. i hope i can make her happy. i hope that she accepts me when she finds out. i have a feeling i should tell her soon, that the longer i wait, the harder it will be for her to be okay with what we are and what she is going to be to all of us.

Lana's POV

the children had shown me a new game to play. it was very easy to follow but was fun at the same time. i think that Jacob enjoyed playing with them and that they enjoyed playing with him too. i have a feeling that he will make lots of friends when he goes to school. i go up to my bedroom and prepare myself for my date with andrew. i select a light blue summer dress to wear and a white shall to wear over the thin straps of the knee length dress. i put on some small white wedges to complete my outfit. i looked in the mirror and saw a girl who radiated exuberance. i never got to wear dresses in russia, it was always to cold there. even in the summer months there was always a harsh wind, and cold rains. no matter the time of year, everybody always wore long clothes with several layers.

thank you so much for reading! i just wanted to say, thanks and let you know that if you vote for the book then i will most likely make the next chapter dedicated to you, and if you want to make a cover and send it to me, feel free.

please, vote, comment and.... i dont know.... anything else you want to do.