Chapter 10

Lana's POV

When I awoke in the morning wrapped in Andrews arms a wide smile made it's way onto my face. I slowly tried to sit up so I didn't wake him, but there was a weight draped across my middle preventing me from standing. I turned to the side and read the alarm clock that said it was still early in the morning. we had forgotten to close the blinds last night so I could see the beginnings of a beautiful sunrise. At that moment, my life was perfect. i heard a rumble sound from my stomach and thought about how nice it would be if i made breakfast for the both of us. it was always a special treat in our village to have breakfast in bed, usually it only happened on a birthday. i tried to sit up again but failed, andrew's arm was too heavy. i tried to roll to the side so the i could just slide out from underneath him, but i ended up falling off the bed. i landed on the hard floor with an oomph. i slowly stood up and made sure that andrew was still asleep. when i was assured that he was sleeping soundly, i crept to the door and opened it as slowly as possible so that the hinged didn't squeak. i tip toed down the hall way until i got the the stairs. when i got to the kitchen, it was empty save for one guy. i smiled at him when i entered and he bowed his head in what i assume is some weird american gesture. i went to the fridge and pulled out a carton of eggs and a package of bacon. i then went in search of two frying pans.

"they're in the corner cupbord." the stranger directed me.

i smiled at his kindness and thanked him. while the food was cooking, i got a tray from the same cupboard that i had found the fry pans in and set out plates and cutlery for me and andrew. i found a loaf of bread on the counter and decided to make toast to go with the eggs and bacon. i run a jam covered knife over the slices of bread when i notice that something smells as if it is burning. i quickly drop the toast an turn to the stove. both of the fry pans have smoke coming off of them in waves. i start to curse like a russian sailor. i grab the pans and dump them in the sink turning on the faucet as well, when i hear the alarm go off. i tug me hands through my hair in frustration as i look up, trying to find the fire alarm. i turned to the stranger that still sat in the kitchen and saw that he was laughing at me. i started to yell at him in russian, "stop! stop laughing at me! i don't know what to do!"

i started to look for the alarm again and finally found it in the corner of the ceiling. i started to jump to try and reach it but couldn't. i pulled the stranger up from his chair and positioned him under the alarm. i then started to climb onto his shoulders. i pressed the button on the alarm and scilened it. i heard loud thundering footsteps sounding from the hallway. andrew rushed into the kitchen in a panic. when he saw me on the strangers shoulders, he let out a low, angry growl and snatched me away from him. he held me tightly in his arms and buried his head in the crook of his neck. "what is happening."

i let out a guilty giggle, "i was making breakfast?"

"Then how did you end up on his shoulder."

the stranger decided to speak up at that point in our conversation, "you might want to look in the sink, man."

andrew picked me up and walked both of us to the sink. when he saw the burnt crisps of breakfast in the sink he said, "how... what... i... you... ok, what happened?"

"i wanted to make us breakfast, to bring it to you, but i went to make toast and... fire happened. then i found the alarm that went off, but couldn't reach so i climbed on him." i said, pointing to the stranger.

andrew laughed at what i said and pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead. i snuggled into his arms and murmured, "i'm sorry i ruined breakfast."

"you could never ruin anything." he said into my hair.

i smiled at his words. i thought that my life was perfect before, but the more that andrew spent time around me the better my life was getting. he was my prince charming.