Chapter 26

Andrew's POV

"Crap." I muttered to myself "Do we have a name or something? Anything we can use to find this guy?"

"The trackers don't recognize any of the scents from the kiddnaping, there are at least twelve different people who came into contact with the items and the trackers don't think their werewolves" Luke paused, "or human."

"then what th hell are they?," I sucked in a deep breath "Sasha, I want a full list of every crime this guy is connected to, every resource he may or may not have In his arsenal. Luke, update my dad and Carl on what was found and have the trackers go over the scents again to try and figure out what the hell they are. I'll call bordering packs to see if they know anything about what's happening."

Both men nodded and went to complete theirs orders. I went behind my desk and collapsed into the dark leather chair. How was I ever going to be able to deal with all this on a regular basis when I become alpha, I questioned myself. I looked up to see Lana standing in front of me, "you are going to be an amazing alpha." she told me," I'm going to go check on ohana, I feel like I haven't been down to see him in a very long time."

"That's a good idea, come get me before you go for lunch, if I can, I'll join you." Lana nodded her head with a gentle smile at my suggestion and headed towards the door.

I leaned forward again and set about looking for the neighbouring alpha's numbers.

Lana's POV

i closed the door quietly behind me as i left andrew's study. i worried about that wonderfull man, he was dealing with so much stress. i padded down the hallway and listened to the soft creeking of the floorboards underneath the warm carpeting. i paused and admired the gold framed portraits that lined the walls. every man and woman encapsulated within the paintings had an air of importance and power. they must have been the past alphas, i mused. the stairs creeked beneath me as i desended down to the first floor. I was still unsure of how to find my way around so I cautiously looked around corners, hoping I would find someone to point me in the right direction.

i eventually found my way to the kitchen and found marian sitting at the counter as teddy sat at the table talking to Luke. as i entered, they all looked up at me and smiled in my direction.

"what can we do for you, lana?" teddy asked in a gruff voice, sounding frustrated at somthing. i hope i hadn't done anything to make him mad.

"i was looking for the vet area? i was going to check in on ohana." i trailed off.

"ohana?" marian asked, sounding confused, "oh, your puppy. well, i think it's time i met this rascal."

she heaved a deep breath and after slapping her hands down on the counter, stood up. "come on, i'll take you there." she told me, sounding tiered.

i nodded mutely and followed behnd her.

as she looked back at teddy and luke i caught a glimpse of fear in her eyes. what did she have to be afraid of?

after several uncomfortable moments she opened her mouth, "so, teddy was telling me about how stressed andrew has been. he's aso told me how much you've helped him deal with the situation. i'm very grateful to you for that. it's unfortunate, the timing of this, the first time andrew tries to act as alpha this happens."

"andrew's delt with this very well, i think." i said, coming to a stop behind marian.

"Oh he has, I'm very proud of him, I just wish he didn't have to deal with this." Marian took a deep breath and pointed to a door to my right that we had stopped in front of," well, here we are."

I nodded, unsure of what I should do, as neither of us made a move to enter I took one step forward towards ohana. I pressed my palm against the cool metal and pushed the door open. the smell of antiseptic and bright white walls greeted me. A small stout woman walked by and bowed quickly to me and Marian. I assumed this was another werewolf thing and decided against bringing it up as I may embarrass myself. Marian chatted with the other woman for a minute or so before asking to be shown to ohana. She agreed with a hushed murmer and a look of concern that cnfused me, wasn't ohana okay? we were lead through a few twisting passages before being deposited in front of another grey steel door. the woman nodded and left at a brisk pace. I looked over at Marian and saw her starring at the door in shock and horror. nerves ate away at my stomache as i considered the fact that ohana could be permanently ingured. i had just taken andrew's word at face value, what if he wasn't okay? what if he was even more hurt because of what i had done?

"What's wrong, Marian, can we go inside to see him yet? I know I've only had him for a short time but I've missed him already. I feel so bad about what happened."

Andrews mother took in another deep breath and looked at me, her eyes shinning with unused tears. "sweetie," she began " I don't think you'll be able to see ohana. this is the morgue."

"What?" I gasped as realization settled over me. ohana was dead.

hey guys! (waves sheepishly) i'm back ;) sorry this took so long and that i've left you guys waiting for so long but i was on vacation and hadn't been writting. i wanted to update for you guys as soon as i could so this isn't edited... srry. i promise i'll update again soon. i finally figured out how to end this so be proud of me. :P

incase any of you have forgotten, anybody who

VOTES,

COMMENTS,

ADDS TO A READING LIST,

OR

FOLLOWS

will reccieve a 

DEDICATION

in the next chapter. thank you all so much for reading, i'm so happy with this story's progress, over 800 reads!! thank you.