chapter 21

Andrew's POV

i called Sasha into my office as he knocked. he entered and sat down in the chair infront of my desk and straightened his spine. he looked very official, he was still dressed in his army uniform, his posture was one that could put a general to shame. he revealed his slicked back hair as he removed his hat and tucked it under his arm.

"at ease, soldier." i said jokingly.

Sasha's face hardened. "you may take it as a joke, but i take my career and my job to protect my country very seriously." he told me harshly.

"sorry." i said sincerely, "anyways, i wanted to offer you a proposal." Sasha raised his eyebrows at my words. "i know you know about werewolves and the fact that i'm your cousin's mate." he nodded his head in affirmation and i continued, " you want to take Lana and jacob away and i don't want that. i would be willing to offer you a position in the pack so that you can have peace of mind knowing that they're safe, and i would have the same as well as having my mate close to me."

"it seems as if we have the same goals, protect Lana and Jacob." he said with a thick accent that made it very hard for me to understand what he was saying, "what position would you be offering?" he asked

"i want you to supervise our battle arrangements. you would be helping us with strategies for any wars between packs that may occur as well as helping us with protecting the pack." I told him "and that includes Lana and Jacob."

Sasha nodded his head and asked if he could have time to think over my offer. I nodded my head and he left my office. I rested my head against my desk and didn't look up as I heard someone enter the room. The mystery person shuffled closer to me and around the back of the desk. I felt hands on my shoulders and instant sparks covered my skin causing a shiver to run down my spine. I moaned at the sensation and heard a giggle in response. Lana started to use her thumbs to massage the tension in my shoulders. "don't worry," she told me,"everything will work out."

"How do you know?" I questioned her.

"If fate has the time to pair all the werewolves with their perfect other half, then date had the time to look after Tiffany, and that's what fate will do." She said confidently.

"i wish i could have your optimism." i told her truthfully.

she nodded and seemed to be deep in thought. "you will." she said after a while.

i smiled at her and nodded, "with you around i believe anything can happen."

***

Lana's POV

i rested my hand on her shoulder. she looked up at me with fear prominent in her eyes. i smiled down at tiffany and gently nudged her towards her aunt who stood on the drive, hand to her mouth tears in her eyes.

"are yo sure you don't want me to wake jacob up?" i asked her.

tiffany shook her head. "it'll be easier this way." she told me.

"If you're sure." I muttered to her in Russian.

She turned away from me and walked down the porch steps towards the black SUV parked in the drive. as she opened the door she looked back at me and waved. I returned the sentiment and she left. I felt string warm arms wrap around my middle and instantly felt sparks run up and down my body. I smiled back at Andrew as he leaned his head on my shoulder.

"She left." I told him bluntly.

"I know." he replied

"Jacob's going to hate me for helping her leave." I said sadly.

"He could never hate you." he reassured me.

"i don't know. he really loves her. he's never been like that with anyone else." 

"if they are meant to be together as mates they will be brought together again." he told me confidently.

"now look who's confident." i teased him lightly.

"i learned from the best." he told me cheekily.

i smiled at his teasing tone and grabbed his hand in my own. "come with me, i want to talk to you about something with you." he seemed slightly worried about something but happy at the same time.

andrew lead me over to the soft leather couch and sat down, pulling me onto his lap. he wrapped me in his arms and leant his head on my shoulder.  "what's wrong?" i asked him, i could hear the worried tone in my voice.

"nothings wrong i just wanted to tell you that i talked to Sasha."

i nodded my head and asked what he said. 

"i asked him if he wanted to be a part of the pack so that he could protect you and jacob and let you stay here." he told me, "he said he would think about it."

i nodded and rested my head on his shoulder. "thank you." i whispered to him.

he just hugged me closer to him in response.

***

Andrew's POV

i smiled as i looked down at my mate sleeping in my arms. it was still early and she hadn't gotten much sleep so i carefully stood and carried her up the stairs to my room. i pulled back the covers and laid her down gently. i pressed a kiss to her forehead and laid down on the opposite side of the bed, careful not to wake her. i slowly entered into a deep sleep. content with the fact that i had my mate in my arms.

***

i awoke when i felt lana stir in my arms. i opened my eyes and saw lana looking around my room slightly confused. i sat up and rubbed my hand up and down her back. "hey, babe, sorry i put you in my room when you fell asleep, but i can't sleep without you." i explained to her.

as is the case with most wolves, it is physically painful to be parted from your mate, even for one night. 

"ok," she whispered still in a kind of daze.

she laid down again and snuggled into my side. "when does school start for us?" she asked me.

i looked over at the calendar on the wall near my bed and said, "umm... in about a week, it starts on monday." 

lana nods and asks me, "what if the other kids there don't like me?"

"they will love you, just as i do."

"i love you too." she told me softly.

i pressed my lips to hers gently, trying to convey how much i cared for her through this action. Lana responded and moved her lips against mine. i brushed my tongue against her lips and she parted hers for me to explore her mouth. i pulled away and we were both breathing heavily. Lana murmured something i didn't catch and pressed her lips against mine again for a chaste kiss. "how about breakfast?" i asked her after.

lana nodded, her eyes slightly glazed. just as we stood from the bed jacob came in without knocking and asked his sister a questioned that i knew she was dreading, "do you know where Tiffany is?" 

hello! it's been too long... i want to say thanks for waiting this long and staying patient. i finally finished my exams and am going to be back in full force.

i want to remind you that anyone who, VOTES/COMMENTS/ADDS TO THEIR READING LIST, will receive a DEDICATION!

thank you all for reading :)