17. where I can't follow

"Oh!" the small strawberry blonde giggled at the crack of the bat. "That was a good hit," she decided and the dark haired girl laughed.

"That was a good hit," Tenley agreed as they watched the game before them. As of now it was a tied game with a runner on third and first. Colton was up in two and Tenley bit her lip to hide the smile on her face when he stood in the batters boxes and sent her a wink. The last couple times he was up he would get a full count on him before turning around to face her with a smirk. It lasted just a moment but she knew what he was thinking. They had a bet and as focused as he normally was in his game, this one he had been more playful.

Don't get her wrong, every game he would send some form of a smirk or wink, but not this often. He loved ball. If you made a list of things he loved she had no doubt it would start with Raine, then her, his mom, ball and then more than likely cookies. He loved cookies.

Yet, this game he seemed more carefree. It was like if he won, great, if he lost, well that was fine. Which was weird to her, he was normally more focused in it.

However, he really hadn't done much. Each time he was up they would walk him and it was probably because his last three games he had gained the best batting average on the team. Colton just figured since his knee still hurt to run, the easiest thing to do was just hit a homerun and do a nice jog. However, the other teamed seemed to catch onto that which seemed to irritate Colton because he couldn't really get a homerun if they kept walking his ass. First base doesn't really do much for him.

"Hey, Cupcake look, it's Colty," the dark haired girl pointed and the small strawberry blonde giggled.

"Hope he doesn't mess up again," she told her and Tenley laughed. Earlier a ball was hit to the outfield and it rolled right past the tall boy. It was an easy ball, she knew he was lost to how he missed it, but it was in front of him but then it was behind him. Jonathon, his teammate, quickly got it and threw it in to second that with a close play and a slide they got him out. However, Colton just took his glove off, tossed it in the air with his hands on his hips and head dropped back with a shake. People assumed she was sure he was angry, but if you paid attention you saw he had a small smirk on his face.

Then when they ran in, Max jogged toward him and made a joke and they just shrugged with a loud laugh, and their coach sent a glare at.

"Hey, Cupcake, you sit right here ok?" Tenley slid her from her lap to sit on the bleacher. "I'm going to go do something really quick."

"Ok."

"Ok," Tenley stood up and wiggled her way down the steps and toward chain link fence. "Hey," she angled herself behind the large pole in hopes the coach didn't see her. He hated when the guys didn't focus on the game and outside forces interrupted them.

"Hey love, are you ok?" he cut his eyes over at her and her brows creased.

"Yeah, why?"

"When you were moving down the bleachers you were holding your stomach," he said as he gave the bat a practice swing. "What's wrong?"

"You weren't even looking at me, how do you know what I was doing?" she teased, curling her fingers around the chain fence and leaning into it.

"You think I need to be looking at you to know what you're doing?" he pulled the bat behind his back and twisted to pop his back. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I didn't realize I was doing it. Weird habit for pregnant women I guess," she shrugged and caught the smile that tugged on his face. It was weird to her how excited he seemed about her being pregnant. Though he had these moments of spacing out and seeming to be worried about it, after that passed he would get this glow of excitement, like that was the best news he had ever heard. "I was just coming to tell you, that could you maybe do better?"