Chapter 36

"Sure you don't want me to go?" I repeat for about the millionth time as I watch him go through his room for his stuff. "Because I can. I'm not doing anything today, just hanging out."

"I know Ten," he nods shoving his wallet in his pocket.

"And if I'm there maybe after we can go get ice cream or to a movie," I suggest and feel my heart start to race quickly. "I hear that new superhero movie thingy is coming out."

"Never refer to Avengers as that superhero thingy," his eyes lock onto me and I just give a one shoulder shrug. "But I'm good, Ten. No worries…"

"But I am worried," I tell him and looking at the strong boy in front of me and grow nervous. "Because I don't want you to get hurt," I confess and he frowns.

"Ten…"

"And I know you're super tough Bubba but…but you don't have to be," I rush to tell him. "You can be mad or scared, or freaking out if you want. Are you any of those?" I ask as he walks over and sits next to me.

"Nope," he shrugs. "Because all I'm thinking is…is if this doesn't go right I still come home to my family," he reminds me and I slowly nod. "To my little sissy who will always be there," he shrugs and I bite hard on my lip looking at him.

Max is strong, probably the strongest person I know and I'm so scared. I'm scared because I can see in his eyes how scared he is. He may not admit it, he may not vocalize to me that he is scared but I know my big brother, I can look in his big brown eyes and see just how scared he is.

"You're going to the park?" I wonder and he slowly nods. "Can I drop you off?" I question and he lets out a laugh. "Colton is there with Raine, so I won't bother you I promise. I'll just hang out with them," I rush to tell him, because this is his thing. He needs to do this.

"You can drop me off," he agrees and relief washes over me.

"And if at any point you don't want to do it, tell me and we can just keep driving," I promise and he laughs.

"Alright, crazy girl," he stands up and reaches for my hand. "Let's go then," I place my hand in his and he tugs me up. Grabbing his phone of the bed, I follow him and out the door and to the car.

"And up!" Raine giggles as I push her on the swing. Her pumping her little legs out as she flies through the sky, her giggling all the way through before I give her another push.

Tossing a look I see Max through the trees and at a picnic table with a large man. He is big, huge even and when you see him you can tell he helped create Max. Even their body language is similar and the both have the very same stubborn look on their face. And then I turn my head just an inch and see something else. I see the small girl with her arms wrapped herself as she watches her brother in the distance, such worry over her I freaks me out some.

"Ten…" I call and her head snaps over to mine and she chews her lip. "Come over here, play with Raine and I," I wave my hand and she slowly moves her feet towards me but keeps her eyes locked in the other direction. "Will you stop," I tug her into me and wrap my arms around her slender waist. She standing in front of me and I stand behind her as her eyes narrow. "He is literally a yard away from you. Nothing is going to happen."

"He looks mad, doesn't he? I think he looks mad," she mumbles, giving Raine a push but still watching her brother.

"Baby he just laughed," I look wondering if she is seeing what I am. "I mean seriously he is laughing."