Chapter 26

Moving the food around on my plate I watch the scene before me. She's laughing, which is good. I'm glad she is laughing but I don't like so much that one of my best friend is so close to her. His hand rubs her back, then it might linger on her leg, he leans over to whisper things to her and she nods before giggling. Makes me seriously want to punch him.

"Jealous?" a body drops beside me and I groan.

"No..." I grumble, looking back at my food.

"You seem kinda jealous," she bites her lip looking at the view I just watched.

"And you seem like a bitch," I snarl and her eyes snap over to me. "So why don't you get the hell away from me?" I question, thinking her away from me would be amazing.

"Oh Colton," she shakes her head, reaching to brush her hand through my hair and I jerk away from her. "Touchy..." she smirks, placing her hand back to her lap.

"Why won't you just leave me alone Riley? Do you seriously hate me so much that you bother everyone around me?"

"I haven't done anything Colton. You spun this web all on your own," she shrugs casually.

"Yeah and you so kindly lied to Max was all my fault. Because if I remember I was minding my own business when that shit went down," I point out, very aware of being at my locker when Riley went on her little spill about Tenley and I.

"It wasn't a lie," she says and I roll my eyes. "You two fucked...where was I lying?"

"You don't know anything Tenley and I were doing," I hiss and her eyes widen, before a smirk slowly slips to her lips.

"Oh Colton, Colton, Colton," she shakes her head with a smile. "You've got it bad, don't you baby," she frowns, like she is actually sympathetic to me. Her hand once again returning to my hair.

"Shut up Riley," I growl, once again jerk from her.

"That's cute," she stands up, leaning to whisper in my ear. "Don't worry, we will keep your secret between us...all of them," she kiss my cheek and bounces off, glancing up to see Tenley's eyes on me and her face falls. Jerking her head back to her food, she shakes it quickly before standing up and walking out of the cafeteria.

Drumming my fingers on the table a moment before shoving myself back and head towards the entrance, scanning my eyes around the semi filled hall before they land on the girl with her face in her locker.

Walking down the hall I reach her and freeze when I hear the sniffle. Why must girls cry? I don't know how to handle them crying. I debate walking away, maybe heading somewhere else, go back to the cafeteria and finish my lunch. It would be better, talking to her only makes matters worse but once I make that decision her head pops from behind the metal door and I freeze stuck. Her mouth opens a moment, than it snaps shut and her jaw locks and eyes turn ablaze and then for some reason I'm nervous.

"Riley isn't my girlfriend," I blurt out and resist the urge to slap my hand to my face. What a great line to start with. Dumbass. "The other day you said she was...then she was just talking to me, but I'm not with her. She seriously annoys the hell out of me," I explain and she straightens up posture before shaking her head.

"It's none of my business Colton," her arms cross and she turns her head from me. "If you want to catch some disease that is no longer my concern," her eyes flutter close for a moment before her head shakes. "And I don't care."