Chapter 1

I hate school.

I do, I can't lie. I hate waking up early, I hate the sitting in boring classes and I hate having to do the work to things I still don't understand. The only plus side I have found is my friends. I love hanging with my friends and cheerleading, which I made the varsity team of, but other than that I really don't like it.

I moved to this silly town about two months ago and have kept myself on the down low. I haven't dressed super sexy to get attention; I haven't done something so outrages everyone knows my name, I've just been there. I was the new girl for about a week but then it was switched to just that girl.

I wouldn't really consider myself popular because I've tried to make sure I wasn't. I used to be at my old school. Everyone knew who I was, what I was doing, who I was dating and hanging out with, just my business and when I moved I realized I didn't want that anymore.

"Tenley hurry up I am about to leave your sorry ass!"

I hear the scream of my big brother as I finish getting ready. Max, my brother, is really my best friend.

"I'm coming just hold on for like 10 seconds damn," I growl grabbing my book bag, purse and jacket. My outfit is cute today, well I think it is. I have on my favorite pair of tight fitted jeans and with my fuzzy black boots pulled over them. I have on a kind of corset looking white top with a black jacket over it; the shirt is showing a little bit. Not much considering what some of the girls wear but enough for me to hear…

"Change," Max says as soon as I walk into the kitchen and I roll my eyes.

"Umm…no sorry," I growl, grabbing an orange and peeling it, then making us both a cup of coffee.

"Ten, you can't go to school in that. I can see like all of your stomach, hell your belly button is almost showing that's how high it is on your stomach," he says in that over protective tone that makes me roll my eyes again.

"Max, I am wearing this, so drink your coffee and stop being so protective," I say handing him his coffee, "Plus I won't really get noticed, I mean no one really notices me," I shrug.

"Ten, that's dumb, guys notice you. I mean look how popular you were at our old school," he tries to reason but I shake my head at that.

"No I was popular because I was Max Brady's baby sister and Katy Jones best friend," I say and that's all true, everyone knew me and everyone loved my personality but I mean I really didn't have boyfriends lined up. I kind of never had that many guys. I had one, but I don't like talking about that.

Though I was popular, however, the guys weren't really that into me, I was just kind of the best friend to them all. The girl the guys loved to hang with because they could relate to and had the awesome big brother Max, but whatever I don't care.

"Tenley that's not true. I wish you knew how gorgeous you are," Max smiles wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "You baby sister are way more amazing then you give yourself credit for," he grins with his perfect white teeth and kisses the top of my head, "Love you Sissy."

"Love you too Bubba," I smile leaning up kissing his cheek as we head to the car. So you know how I said he was great but then annoyingly protective. He just showed his amazing side, the side I love most, the side that shines the most and shows how amazing he is.