Chapter 20

"Colty where's Puppy?"

I hear the scream as I try to get my stuff together for school.

"I don't know Princess...I...uhh check under your bed..." I yell back lifting up all my books. "Where are my keys?" I groan on my search. Damn I need to clean...the place looks like some throw up clothes and dishes and...just random shit.

"I find it..." Raine skips back into the room and drops onto the floor by the couch. "Dana coming to see me..."

"I know..." I move around her to find my bag.

"We go pool today..."

"I know...Damn it!" I slam down my books. Where the hell are my keys?

"Colty..." I look up to see my favorite thing sitting there playing with her dog's ear. "You play with me..." she looks up at me and I frown. We haven't hung out as much as I would like lately. With school and ball and now work by the time I get home she is asleep or I'm too dead to want to move. Tenley used to watch her and bring her to ball or even stop by work randomly but now that doesn't happen so Raine feels short changed and sad.

"You know what..." I walk over getting down at eye level with her. "How about when I get home we go get some pink berry and I take you to the pool?"

"Yeah?" her eyes light up and I nod with a smile. "Otay!" she skips up excited. "I lub pink berry Colty."

"I know Princess..." I kiss the top of her head and hear the doorbell ring. "That's Dana..." I give her a wink as I lift her in my arms and head to the door.

"I'm sorry I'm late..." she rushes in, her dark hair a flapping in the wind. Dana is sweet and Raine really likes her. She graduated about two years ago and just hasn't found her niche in life so is she being a nanny for extra cash. And if I'm honest she is really pretty. Has that obvious beauty girls have, dark hair, dark eyes, long legs and a cute ass. I like her, she is great with Raine.

"It's fine. I'm running late too," I tell her with a smile.

"Dani!" Raine jumps up with a smile. "We play today?" her arms latch around her leg.

"Yes we are gorgeous," she lifts her up to her hip. "We are going to the pool this morning."

"Yay!" she pumps her fist in the air excited. "I get pool with Dani and Colty all together!"

"You skipping school today?" Dana looks at me but I shake my head.

"Later I was going with her to the pool. Promised ice cream and pool time," I tell her, running my hand over Raine's strawberry hair. "But you have to be good ok?" I tilt her head back to look at me and she nods.

"I lub you Colty!" she slams her mouth to my cheek giving me a big kiss. "Tell Tenny hi!"

"Uh...yeah," I give an awkward smile before grabbing my bag. I knew I had to see Tenley today, I see her every day the last week but when the weekend strikes and I go two days without thinking about it I hate that awkward Monday morning crap. "Bye Princess..." I kiss her head and head out the door. "Bye Dana..."

"Bye!" I hear her call before the door shuts and I head off to a glorious day or school.

(-)