Chapter 37

Smoothing out my dress, I slide my earring in my ear and study my look. I'm nervous, like so amazingly nervous that I might vomit.

I'm meeting Colton's family today. And by family I mean his whole family. His dad is throwing Raine a birthday party and he invited her Aunt Leah, who I met already and is amazingly sweet, but also his brother and Carrie's sister and parents and his parents and all these random people I'm sure Raine doesn't even remember.

And that is nerve racking to me. Least Raine and Colton will be there to distract me. I asked if even Darren might be there because he might bring Hannah, however apparently he tried to avoid family functions.

Makes me want to go just that much more.

"Tenley!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. "Colton is here!" she informs me and I pull in my shaky breath and look over myself one last time. I think I look ok. I have on a white sundress of mine that hits close to my knees and the straps come up and tie around my neck, and I'm wearing a pair of super cute white heels that have this cute little pink bow at the toe of them revealing my dark polished toes.

My hair is in a loose wave and my makeup is lightly done. My dark eyeliner lines a thin stripe along my eyes and then a light purple eye shadow is painted under the liner and I hope it looks ok. Makes my eyes stand out.

"Coming!" I call back and nervously paint my lips with a pink gloss and grab my small purse off the night stand and skip out of my room. Wobbling a bit on the heels I'm still not used to, I make my way down the stairs and find Colton in the kitchen with my mom…and dad.

Lord help him.

"Everything is great," Mom glows resting her hand on her stomach. "Baby is great, I'm feeling great."

"That's good to hear. I know Ten and Max are excited," Colton tells her, occasionally tossing a look at my dad who is just staring at him as he sips on his drink.

"Hey…" I say and his gaze pulls from my dad to me and a slow smile slips to his lips.

"Hey Pretty Girl," his eyes dance over me as I walk towards him. "You look gorgeous love," he reaches for my hand and my heart flutters.

"Thank you," I blush a bit as he kisses my forehead and he curls our entwined hands to rest around my back. "What are we talking about?" I reach for a piece of fruit on the tray on the counter.

"The baby…" Mom grins rubbing her stomach.

"My baby brother…" I grin and dad rolls his eyes.

"We don't know what it is Ten…" Dad reminds and I shrug.

"It's a boy, I'm not sharing Maxie with another girl," I state and they laugh.

"Ten weren't you taught to share your things in grade school?" Max walks into the kitchen with his signature smirk.

"Yeah, but I didn't like it…" I grumble and the room laughs. "But we should probably go…" I tug Colton towards the door. "We will be back later."

"Have fun!" Mom yells and Colton smiles a goodbye and we walk out the front door. Placing my keys in my purse I follow Colton to his car and reach for the handle. However my body gets pinned against the hard object before I can react to anything. Colton's mouth on mine and I moan in his mouth when his fingers tangle in my hair and he pushes his body against mine.