1.

I sit on my desk, tapping my pen onto my notepad.
It's a warm, Tuesday afternoon, the sun is streaming through my windows and the birds are chirping. As much as this sounds lovely, it really wasn't. I sighed, trying to figure out what to write next. It was the October holidays, and of course, Mr Samuels had to go and give my English class an essay to write.
I mean, i could be outside in my garden soaking up the sun, or at the beach with friends, but instead, i'm stuck in my room, with writers block.

Then suddenly, interrupting my non-existing thoughts, i hear my mum call on me from downstairs.
Rolling my eyes, i stand up, stretching my back and hearing it pop. I head towards the door, opening it, and making my way downstairs to the kitchen.
When i walk in, i see her making spaghetti hoops on toast.

"How's the essay going?" She asks, throwing the empty tin into the bin.

"Not good, can't think of anything to write down." I say, searching through the snack cupboard until i find the remaining packet of quavers that somehow had not been eaten yet.

She frowns. Then i realise that she must want something. Mum never asks me how i'm doing or how my work is going.
I shovel quavers into my mouth.

"What do you want to speak to me about then." I ask.

She turns around from the toaster to face me, a slight grin on her face.

"Margaret from across the street told me that the new neighbours are moving in today. Apparently there's a teenage boy, about your age." She replies, winking.

I roll my eyes.
The house next door to us had been empty for months after the old couple had moved out.

"How would she know, why not us? She doesn't even live next to the house." I ask, licking my fingers.

"You know what shes like, the "social butterfly" of the neighbourhood. More like the snobby bitch of the neighbourhood." Mum mumbles to herself.

I snort. She was right. Nobody liked Margaret. She was always poking her nose into other peoples business.

"Anyways i'm going to try get some work done."
I say, walking out of the kitchen.
When i get back upstairs and sit down at my desk, i decide to put my earplugs in to help me concentrate. I spend about 5 minutes untangling them, only making me more frustrated. Once i finally get them untangled and music starts playing, I end up ploughing through about two paragraphs of work.

Finally, when i was too fed up to write any more, i dropped my pen on my paper, took out one of my ear plugs and started twirling it in the air.

I pick up my phone, and go through Snapchat.
I had a message from Jess.
I swiped to open it, and it said, "You free today?"
Sighing, i type back, "Nah sorry, stuck inside with an english essay and a migraine. Maybe tomorrow?"
I close my phone and place it down on the desk. I stare blankly at the wall, realising what a sad social life i had.

Suddenly, i hear the noice of voices, and car door slams. Curiously, i make my way over to the window and peer out, to see a family i had never seen before. Must be the new neighbours. I watch them carrying boxes in and out of the house next door.
I see a Mum, a Dad, a little brother, Margaret...
Margaret was standing there chatting to the Dad. I hear her go, "And thats my number, just incase you need me for anything," as she passes him some sort of business card.

Just as i was about to turn round, I see someone walk out of the house towards the car. A teenage boy, definitely my age, just like mum said. He had light brown hair that flopped over his face, he swiped it back with his hand. From the side i could see his chiseled jawline. Had i hit the jackpot?
Suddenly he looks up to my window, and i look away in embarrassment. But for that split second i saw him, it was the god damn best split second of my life.