#40 | Alive ✿ RK900 x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Requested: by artlovingbre 

Title: "Alive"

Pairing: RK900 (Conan)  x Human!fem!reader

Warnings: none

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

It had been a hectic day at the station

It had been a hectic day at the station. Officers and detectives were busy with tons of cases left and right, and that included Detective (y/n) (l/n) as well.

But at this particular time, (y/n) finally had a small fifteen-minute break from all the mayhem plaguing the bullpen. Since everyone was busy, the break room was empty; not that (y/n) complained. As soon as she reached the room, she headed for the coffee machine and prepared herself a nice and warm cup filled with nothing but pure caffeine to help her keep her body going. It was almost midnight, but she was still working on an active case—that meant she had no time to waste. But those fifteen minutes she had to enjoy that coffee, nobody was going to take them away from her.

"Detective?"

Except, maybe, her android partner.

(y/n) sighed heavily, placing her cup of coffee on the counter as she turned around to face the tall android.

There was something about this android that (y/n) never liked, and that was that he seemed to always have a scowl plastered on his face. With his light blue eyes constantly judging his surroundings, and his brow creased permanently, it seemed as if the android was always angered, pissed off—on more than one occasion (y/n) truly believed this machine loathed everything, no exceptions. He was so different from all the other androids she had met—especially the RK800, Connor.

(y/n) tried many times to befriend him, but the RK900 always dismissed her intentions and replied coldly to her questions or statements. He didn't care about her trying her hardest to be friendly, even going as far as defending him from Gavin Reed's constant insults directed towards him. He ignored her attempts, or rather disliked them. It was clear that the android wasn't looking for a friend.

She met the android's gaze as he stood by the break room's door. "Yes, Conan?"

"It's about our case—I've found a new lead."

"Did you manage to get something from the suspect?" (y/n) sipped from her coffee as she glanced at him inquisitively, with an eyebrow raised.

Conan nodded, his neutral expression not ever shifting at all as he spoke. "Correct. He still claims he didn't have anything to do with the shooting, but he has revealed the area he usually works at. We must investigate."