#38 | No Swearing! ✿ Hank Anderson x Fem!reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Title: "No Swearing!"

Pairing: Hank Anderson x Human!fem!reader (adult + child)

Warnings: swearing... sort of.

Note: I wrote two versions - one where reader is an adult, and one where reader is a kid.

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

✿ ✿ ✿

* CHILD!READER *✿ 

The park was deserted. Small snowflakes fell softly from the sky, slowly coated every surface at hand—Hank's head included, as he sat peacefully on one of the benches at the park, whilst he enjoyed the view; the city of Detroit was displayed right in front of him, like a live painting, and the old man watched it wake up as the sun rose slowly from the horizon.

It was way too early in the morning for him to be awake, but the deviancy cases increased almost daily; Hank went from having a lot of free time to having none at all. More than once he'd have to stay up all night investigating, would even have to stay at the station with his eyes glued to his terminal while filling reports. But not now.

His android partner stood by his slumped figure on the bench, giving him a small break from the investigation. Connor knew better than to put the lieutenant under too much pressure or stress.

"Only if (y/n) could see this..." Hank mumbled under his breath, a small sigh escaped from him. "I know she'd love it." 

The little one, his daughter, loved snow and watching the sun rise in the morning every day, but it wasn't like the lieutenant could bring his own daughter with him, into an active investigation, just so she could enjoy the break of dawn with him. Sometimes he wished he could do that, but he reminded himself that she was better and safer at home, and not with him.

"Of course, lieutenant." Connor simply said from beside him, shifting slightly on his spot by the wooden bench.

The way he had said it, Hank didn't like. He shifted slightly, just enough to look up at the android in the eye. "Have something you wanna share, Connor?" he asked, raising an eyebrow inquisitively.

Connor didn't move, but a smirk tugged at his lips subtly. Hank noticed, and even if the both of them already knew that the android was deviating, he still found it strange that the brunet was holding back a grin. Although questionable, Hank didn't think of said android's behaviour too much.

"Fuckin' androids..." he grumbled instead, shaking his head.

A quiet whoosh sound reached his ears, just a millisecond before something really, really cold hit him in the back of his head with a soft splat. Hank yelped, jumped up from the bench so quickly he almost tripped over his own feet. He reached his hands up to touch his head, felt the coldness and softness of snow sliding down his hair and collar as he brushed it away.