CT chapter: 44

Current Timeline: Jungkook's POV

It had been three months since Chaerin was arrested and today I had decided to meet her.

My heart was still pounding with fear as I waited till she would be called out, as my fingers fidgeted and my leg tapped on the floor impatiently. 

"Jeon Jungkook?"

A police officer beckoned me to follow him.

"She'll come in a minute. Please wait."

I was surprised that she had even agreed to meet me. 

I was relieved for a moment before thinking if what if she just wanted to threaten me or scream at me for doing this to her. 

I'm sure she knew it was me.

My mind suddenly went blank at the sight of her at the door. 

Clad no longer in designer wear but in the grey prison clothes, she spotted me and walked towards her seat. 

I just looked at her dumbfounded while she settled herself behind the glass barrier. 

She looked at me then chuckled. 

"Hey Jungkook."

My heart melted.

I hadn't heard that tone in such a long time. 

It made me tear up. 

"H-hey Cherry."

"How are you?"

"I-I'm fine. What about yo-"

I bit my tongue and smacked myself mentally for asking something like that. 

"It's okay. Yeah, I'm doing fine here too. How are mom and dad doing?"

"Yeah, they are fine."

I couldn't bring myself to look at her in the eye. 

She observed my reaction and continued,

"Jungkook, I knew you did it."

"Did what?"

"Tipped me off."

I broke into a cold sweat. 

I knew where this was heading.

"But, I saw that you had no choice."

I looked at her, tears already streaming down my face. 

"I'm so sorry Jungkook."

I tried not to look at her while the tears came flowing down. 

When I had calmed down a bit, I looked at her and saw her trying to say something but only her lips were moving, no sound was coming out. 

She tried to recollect herself and then started again. 

I could see a tear run down her face. 

"In all these months that I was in here, nobody came to see me. Not even once. Not even mom and dad, but what can I expect I did this to them right? But, today when I heard you had come to visit me, I realized just how much pain I caused you. Despite the fact, that I had threatened to end your life and that now I was in here I could threaten you more, you still came. And I'm so grateful you did."

I looked at her as the tears kept flowing down. 

"I-I'm so sorry."

I just stared as it was her turn to break down.