MT chapter: 14

Medieval Timeline: Jin's POV

"Namjoon, I will never forgive you for as long as I live."

I felt my insides hurt as I watched his face fall. I knew it was harsh but memories flooded my mind.

I sat on the edge of a fallen tree near the stream. I sat back relaxed and closed my eyes, enjoying the cool breeze on my face.

I heard the rustling of leaves behind me and then a pair of hands covered my already closed eyes.

"Hello Jinnie!"

I chuckled and patted the spot next to me.

"You seem quite excited today."

I observed as a boy of 17 sat next to me and inhaled the sweet air, relishing the scent and beauty of nature.

"Yes, because I get to spend the entire day with you."

"Is that so? I mean I know I am handsome but no need to flatter me anymore than everybody already has."

I replied jokingly.

He hid his face not wanting to look at me as I laughed.

We talked and talked, not keeping track of the time. We talked of our deepest and darkest secrets that we had held within all of the short spans of our lives.

Soon the conversation reached to the topic of the future of our relationship. I knew this topic was bound to come across and it was also important to talk about.

"What do you think will happen after this?"

The innocent boy asked.

"I honestly don't know. But what I do know is that I would want to cherish every moment we have together Namjoon."

"Don't say that. I will never let anything come in between us. Even if we cannot stay together, I will never stop loving you even if I come to the noose for it. If our love is punishable, I would be ready to die a thousand times."

I smiled and hugged him and I didn't know why, but tears trickled down my cheek. I knew we couldn't be together but his words had given a new surge of strength in me and at the same time it made me sad that he loved me so much. More than himself.

He assured me everyday that no matter what, he would love me.

I turned around to walk out, as I heard him call my name.

"Jin!"

He said as he grabbed my hand.

I glared at him before removing my wrist from his grip.

His eyes implored for me to stay but I ignored him and made my way back to my room.

I heard shuffling outside, but my mind was too clouded and scattered to give it a second thought.

I sat down on my bed and didn't stop the tears that flowed down.

I ran to our favorite spot. The stream.

He had stopped all sorts of contact.

He had disappeared all of a sudden.

No more regular visits to my town.

No more notes under the rock near the stream.

No more secret meetings.

No more him.