"What happened?" I asked in worry, hopping up as I walking over the desktops, then jumping down to help him sit next to Cole.

He sat down keeping his left leg straight as he sat.

"Brady, what happened?" I asked again, fearing the answer the longer it took him to say it.

He waved it off, "Bucky and I got into a little fight, that's all."

I watched him carefully as he stared at me with a small smile. Every now and again his amber eyes would leave me to look elsewhere, a clear sign of lying.

"Oh, okay," I mutter, dropping it, knowing that if he was lying than he wasn't comfortable speaking about it. I just hope he'll tell me the truth eventually, because I can't just let this go.

He grabbed my chin, pulling me to rest his forehead against mine, staring into my eyes tensely. "I assure you I'm okay," he said pecking my lips softly to not hurt his busted lip.

I only nod sullenly.

"Your romantic-ness is disgusting, I'm suddenly not hungry," Cole gagged, throwing me the last third of his cinnamon bun.

I caught it happily, smiling from ear to ear as I pulled some off and gestured it to Brady, who only declined. I shrugged, putting it in my mouth with a hum.

"Is Maddy coming today?" Cole asked one of us as he stared.

I shrugged.

"She's fallen sick. She'll hopefully be here in a couple of days," Brady informed us, yet he wasn't looking at us like he meant it. He was more focused on his lap, in thought.

I frowned, concerned that he didn't seem so into it right at this moment.

I quickly sat next to him, resting my head on his shoulder. Soon he placed his on mine with a sigh. I only sat and ate, hoping to reassure him it was okay without saying anything.

I really don't know what to do in these situations, I was a mouse, small and quiet, yet effective to make someone start screaming.

Except, I don't make people scream.

The bell rang a few minutes later. I jogged over to the bin, dropping the packet for the bun away, before running back to help Brady. Cole help as well by being emotional support.

"Use that one leg. You got it." I rolled my eyes as Cole chanted while I helped Brady up onto his feet.

"I'm taking you to class this time," I say, holding the hand he wasn't using to use the crutch.

He nodded in thankfulness.

"Woohoo!" Cole clapped supportively. Brady and I walking out of the classroom with him behind us being an idiot.

"Catch you guys at lunch," he said, walking away.

"Bye," I called back before turning to Brady smiling at me stranger than usual.

"What?"

"I wish to do everything with you right now, but can't," he said in sadness. I giggled, looking down with a smile.

"Come on, my class is this way," Brady said, beginning to walk off with me in tow.

I took a big step forward just to stay close to his pace, now that he was on crutches, I didn't have to walk as fast as I did when he didn't have it.

"So, what happened to your leg?" I asked after a while of silence between the two of us.

"Glass," he answered simple, a little, almost unnoticeable crack in his voice.