chapter ten

B A B Y

B A B Y

"Get down!" Brady rushed, pulling me down with him to the ground behind a dumpster by my head. My heart was pounding in my chest that a doctor wouldn't need a stethoscope to hear it.

"You said we wouldn't get caught," I whisper to him in the dark, my brown eyes narrowed in his direction.

I could just see him look my way in wariness to what was going on. "Well I usually don't do this with someone that's like you, gawking at everything."

I huffed in offense. It wasn't my fault the girl had nice things in her locker, expensive things that I could only dream of.

"Sorry," I state, pecking the corner of his lips.

"Its fine, just stay quiet," he whispered back but it was too late when the police flashed their torches at us. This is just great, mums going to slash my throat after this one, thinking I turned out good after dad left.

Maddy better not say 'I told you so,' at my funeral.

"Before you question where we were previously, we were at a restaurant and thought we were being followed when walking home. I'm graceful that your presence was here to spook them off," Brady sucked up, getting up and pulling me along. A fake smile upon his lips as he rested his arm over my shoulders, walking pass the police officers like no big deal.

But our victory of being scot free didn't last long when the leader pulled on Brady's jacket, making us both stumble back. Brady cursed under his breath while I was ready to faint.

"Its really nice to see you two knuckleheads have met," Office Johnson said monotoned. He was the only officer that I knew like an uncle, and it was horrible.

"I was really hoping you didn't recognize me with foundation on," I said, turning to face officer Johnson and his torch.

"Baby Anniston and Brady Collary meet my officer in training, he'll be taking you both in tonight," he said, his old eyes moving from Brady to me.

"Hi," I waved at the other guy in his rookie uniform of navy blue while professionals wore light baby blue uniforms.

He gave me a curt nod.

"Can you take us in because then mum won't go as harsh on me," I plea, stepping out of Brady's hold to place my hands under my chin as I pout.

Brady coughed, "maybe squeeze me into that too."

Officer Johnson watched me and Brady for a while in thought before giving us a dreaded answer, "no."