chapter fifteen

B R A D Y

B R A D Y

Racing up to an old rundown building, Daniel and Maddy right at my heels, as we made our way to the back, guns in our hands.

I'm still questioning how dad even convinced me on doing this mission. Why couldn't he just get one of his other loyal men to do it? Or Bucky? Bucky would be a better choice them me actually.

I got pushed back against a wall, grunting as I look at Daniel in the dark.

"You're such a deaf cunt," he scowled in a hush whisper.

I frowned before listening closely to my surroundings, now hearing voices of laughter.

Oh.

"You lead then," I tell him, frowning.

"What? No. You're the gang leader's son, you're leading," he said back, poking my chest with his finger. Just because I'm his son, I thought dully. What happens if I wasn't? Would you lead then?

I narrowed my eyes at him before looking at Maddy in the dim light.

"Maddy you lead, you're smaller, people won't see you as quickly as Daniel and I," I said.

"Oh, look who's leading now, Mr I-don't-want-to-lead," she scoffed, walking to stand in front of me nonetheless, looking around the corner of the building.

"Clear," she whispered, running off. Us boys following her to the back entrance, keeping low to the ground.

All of this was just bringing nerves to my stomach, knowing we were in a different gangs territory. That is a big offense, we're on a suicide mission right now, we honestly could get killed out here.

There should be laws in the gang world about not letting teenagers do an adults job such as this.

I scowled in my throat, as we walked inside to an even darker room than outside. We soon caught sight of a small flickering light ahead of us as it came closer by the second.

"Wait there!" A masculine voice shouted to someone. Because it was so dark I didn't notice Daniel running up to him and slitting the guys throat in a matter of seconds, the candle he was holding, falling to the ground.

This is not going to end well.

"I guess he was going to turn the power back on if they yelled at him to do so, and because of that candle he held," Maddy observed quickly.

"Then what are you waiting for, turn the power on," I scowled, looking beside me in the direction.

"Yes, sir," she replied sarcastically.

I then heard ruffling noises in front of me, making me furrow my eyebrows as I look before me.

Seconds later Maddy had switched the power on, the lights flickering before they held their maximum brightness. I was then introduced to Daniel dragging the guy to the other side of the room, blood twinkling down the guys neck to his clothes, covering Daniel's arm in the process.