21. Courage

Please take some time to enjoy this cute and slightly fluffy Larry chapter :)

Louis POV

“Hey, so you wanna go on a date?” Harry asked me with a wink as we walked towards the school’s carpark at the end of the day.

I walked closer to him since there weren’t many people around, and smiled up at him. “Of course,” I said. I would never turn down a date with him. “You have anything in mind?”

“We could go to the movies?” He suggested, opening the passenger door to his car for me to get in, before getting in the driver’s seat, holding his hand out for me to take. “We could just go and see if anything good is on,” he shrugged.

Smiling, I took his hand in mine. “Sounds good,” I said with a nod, and Harry began diving off to the cinema in town, only letting go of my hand to change gears.

When we got there, we chose a movie that looked good to watch. However, the next showing of it wouldn’t be for another 40 minutes, so we headed to a little coffee shop to pass the time.

As we sat there drinking our hot drinks, we chatted. During a moment of silence, Harry grinned wide at me, leaning forward to press a lingering kiss to my lips, before pulling away a little, but keeping one of his hands gently caressing my cheek.

“You’re so beautiful,” he said softly, and I blushed lightly.

Giggled, I squeezed his other hand, holding it softly in mine. “I’m so glad we decided to give this a go…” I mumbled, but saw his gaze wandering out of the window we were sat by.

He quickly pulled his hands back, taking his cup of coffee in one and taking a prolonged sip, before placing it back down. He sent me a half smile. “Sorry,” he said with a small shrug, making me frown.

“What was that?” I asked, moving my hand out, wanting to hold his again. I looked over at what he was looking at, seeing the back of a young man walking away from us. “Who’s that?” I questioned, looking up at him.

Shaking his head dismissively as if to get rid of the thoughts, he held my hand, smiling at me properly again. “Just some kid from school,” he said casually, shrugging, and it suddenly made sense to me.

“You don’t want to be seen with me?” I asked quietly, and he quickly shook his head.

“No, no, not at all. I don’t mind being seen with you, practically everyone at school already knows that I’m friends with you anyway.”

I sighed. “That’s not what I meant Harry, and you know it…” I mumbled.

Harry smiled sheepishly at me, squeezing my hand. “It’s not you. You should know that. I just don’t want people to know I’m in a relationship with a guy, y’know?” He asked and I nodded slowly, but still raised an eyebrow at him. “I thought that was what we both wanted, right?”

I shrugged. “It was. But that was over two months ago,” I said quietly. “I didn’t want to come out for you when I didn’t know if it would work out. But now things have changed.”

“Changed how?” Harry asked and again, I sighed.

“Well, we’re in a proper relationship, which I hope is actually going somewhere. I don’t want to break up with you anytime soon,” I said and he smiled at me. “I want to move forward. And I hope you know that to do that, we’re going to have to come out at some point…”