5. Broken

A bit of Louis' POV in this chapter :P Hope you enjoy!

Liam POV

I talked to Zayn. I actually talked to Zayn properly without dying of embarrassment or burning my face with my blush. I don’t think I would have been able to talk like that with any other stranger, even if all I did say was a few sentences. It was like me and him were on the same level, we were both outcasts, we both didn’t have many friends, nobody really liked us. Although, from what I had been told, Zayn didn’t even want to make friends, he seemed alright with only having Louis.

From what I’ve learnt, from my observations, Zayn was a lonely person with a dark secret. He had trouble controlling himself, yet he seemed to be disappointed in himself because of it. He was nervous when he was in situations he wasn’t comfortable with. But his art showed a different story; it was mainly modern, street art, but I was sure it had some sort of meaning. It was colourful, bright and full of life, unlike the boy creating it.

Harry dropped me off at my house after school, something that had become a regular occurrence. He knew something had happened, by my even more unusual behaviour but I refused to tell him anything.

I don’t know why I was happy, all I had done was talk to the boy. But I felt like I was one step closer to getting to know him properly. I wanted to help him out. It seemed as thought everyone else had ignored him as soon as his life took a little downhill turn, but I’m sure all he needed was someone to understand and help him through it.

“How was school honey?” my mum’s voice floated through the house. It was the question she asked every day as I walked through the front door after school.

“Fine mum,” I called back, heading up to my room. I needed a little time just to myself. I wasn’t used to living a life like this and sometimes I needed space away from the rush of the city life and going to some big, busy school.

About half an hour later I was more stressed than before. All I could hear was the honking of car horns and when I looked out my window, the view of big buildings, most of which emitting unsightly fumes. I tried doing some of my homework, but that only stressed my out more, realising that I was so far behind on most of the topics, and it seemed I would never be able to pass at this rate.

So I grabbed my phone, and pulled on a thick jumper, heading out of my room. “I’m going for a walk mum, I’ll be home before dinner.” I called out, not waiting to hear her response before jogging out the house. She was most likely just going to be telling me not to go out alone anyway.

Walking down the street, I made my way to a little park about ten minutes walk away. It wasn’t big or fancy, but it was a little something that reminded me of my old village, where all the children played. I just wanted some time away from all the rush to relax and think.

I had only been there once before, but I knew my way, and it wasn’t long before I was walking across one of the football fields, the soft green grass under my feet. There was a small white building in one corner of the field, so I made my way there to sit down and watch the world go by, since the only other bench was occupied by an older couple.

But, as I got closer, I noticed that I wasn’t the only one who had that idea. There was already someone sitting there, wearing a black leather jacket and hunched over, it wasn’t until I was only a few metres away, that I realized who it was; Zayn.

I sat down next to him, with a bit of space between us. When he turned his head to see who had intruded on his privacy, his eyes narrowed. “What are you doing here?” he grumbled.

“Same thing as you, I’m guessing.” I replied, mentally cheering that I managed to do that without stuttering, or blushing. “G-Getting away f-from everything, just… just taking s-some time out.” Well, things can’t always work out. I sighed; Zayn would never consider me a friend.