17.

-Next Morning (Sunday)-

I woke up and turned to look at Theo who was just waking up too. "Please tell me yesterday was a dream..."

He placed a hand on my cheek. "I'm sorry.." I sighed. "Are you hungover?" He asked. "Very." He chuckled. "Lets get out of here."

We went to my house. I showered first then he did before going and getting breakfast. "Hey.. its going to be okay.." He grabbed my hand as he noticed me staring into my coffee. "What if its not?"

"You have me Lia." I gave him a weak smile. All I wanna do is sleep and make up with my best friend.

-Friday-

Lately Ive been having lunch by myself in a classroom. I talk to Lexi.. She apologized, her and I are fine. Jake on the other hand doesn't wanna see me.. Theo, things are going good with Theo. Can't say what exactly is going on because I don't know, but its good.

I zipped up my jacket as it got chillier as I walked up the bleachers to grab a seat.

When the boys were called, they all ran out to the field but one... Theo decided to run over to the bleachers. "I know this isn't romantic but I honestly don't know how else to say it so here it goes. I really like you Cordelia..."

"Are you asking me what I think you're asking me?" He nodded and I smile. He knew my answer so he just kissed me. "If we win or lose tonight, I know I still won." I blushed as he ran back down and jumped the fence over to the field.

"What just happened?" Asked Adriana as I sat back down. "You know what just happened." She squealed. "I'm so happy for you!" I am too.. But then I thought of Jake...

---

My phone rang. Theo. "Hello?" No one answered. Instead I heard Alice. Yelling. Pissed off. I think he buttdialed.

"What has gotten into you two?! You are brothers for gods sake!" I know I should hang up but I can't..

"Grow up! Don't think I don't know what's going on. Lia doesn't come around anymore and I know why. Theo told me everything Jakob. Why would you lie to her? Of all people?"

"Well do you know she kissed Theo?!"

"Yes I do. And I also know they made it official. I don't see anything wrong with that Jakob. The only wrong thing I see is you being mad at her over feelings that cannot be controlled but lying can be controlled." She said.

"Open up your eyes son. She's like your sister Jakob. She'll have your back when no one else will and you're willing to throw all that away? For what? Because your brother likes her? That's not right and you know it." Josiah said.

"Poor girl. I can't imagine how much grieving she's done over this friendship. I know you're not okay baby. I hear you crying and I know its because you miss her. Breaking up with a best friend is worse than breaking up with a significant other. So if you're willing to just let that beautiful friendship go to waste.. I don't know who you are then.. but if you go make up with her, you'll have your best friend back. You know you need her as much as she needs you Jakob Stephen."

"And you! I swear to god Theodore James, if you break that girls heart... there will be consequences." I found myself crying. Ive heard enough. I hung up and went downstairs to talk to my dad.

I got a text later that night from Alice. She wanted to go out for breakfast and get our hair nails done. I know she wants to talk. So my dad let me skip school tomorrow.