12.

-Wednesday-

I decided to cut through the track to get to the other side of the school parking since I was late this morning and all the spots in the student parking were taken.

The boys were practicing out on the field. The dedication and determination Theo has for football is quite amusing.

-3 Weeks Later-

"Bye honey." My dads off to meet with clients in New York. I returned to the couch after watching his taxi speed off.

I groaned as the doorbell rang as soon as I took my seat. I opened the door and it was Theo.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he came in but just then, Alice called me. "Hey babe! Theo left the house saying you guys had a math study session for a test next week and you guys were kinda tutoring each other, is that true?" I turned to look at Theo who literally put his hands together like he was praying and nodded his head. "Yeah it is!"

"Okay honey. Thank you."

She hung up and I looked at him. "You lied to your mom?!" I smacked his arm. "I've been stuck there for almost a month. I can use this week to stay here. Please Lia." I sighed. "Okay." "Thanks! So where's your dad?"

"Just left for New York." I said. "How long is he gonna be gone?"

"A week actually. He has two conferences and is meeting with a few clients."

"And you're gonna stay here? Alone? Aren't you scared?"

"Well yeah." I usually stay with the Archibald's when he goes on long trips. "I figured I'm gonna end up staying alone eventually so I should start now." I shrugged. "Aren't you concerned?"

"Look, stop trying to terrify me more than I already am." He laughed.

We just hung around the house. My house isn't as big as the Archibald's. We only have 3 rooms. It is two story, but it has a small backyard and no pool.

When he left, I began to feel scared staying alone. I double checked all the doors and windows to make sure they were all locked.

Someone rang the doorbell and my heartbeat immediately sped up. I grabbed the metal baseball bat and creeped over to the door. I opened it ready to swing. Theo stood there with a duffle bag. "Woah." He laughed and I sighed of relief. "What are you doing Theodore??"

"I convinced my mom to let me stay here for the week while you're dads gone. She's gonna drop by here and there to make sure I'm actually here. Or she'll probably text you."

"Okay.. sure.. you can take the guest room good night."

-Friday-

"What are you doing tonight?" Asked Jake. "Going to the game. Wanna come?"

"All of a sudden you're close to Theo now?"

I rolled my eyes. "Jake. He's been living with me for a week. You and I have always been close to him. Just now we're a bit closer." I mean the boy does face masks with me and goes to the gym with me.

"So there's nothing going on between you two?"

"No Jakob. There's nothing going on." I laughed. And its true. Sadly.

"Okayyy."

---

There's 8 seconds on the clock. Both teams are tied. If our boys made a touchdown in just 8 seconds, that would be pretty amazing. Everyone is literally on their feet anxious for the clock to run.

Theo threw the ball to Nate who made a run for it. Two huge guys from the opposing team were near him. I literally covered my face. I knew we had won by the cheers and roars from our home side and the fact that our bleachers were literally shaking so much from people jumping up and down. I made my way to the track and waited along with so many other people as the boys huddled up.

A few of Tracie's minions stopped to take pictures with Theo. He walked over to me and hugged me. "Hey! Congrats!"

"Thank you!"

"By the way, you stink." I pushed him away and he laughed. "Hold this real quick while I grab my bag please." He handed me his helmet.

When he came back from the football locker room, he tossed me his keys. "You're letting me drive your car while you're sober? Wow." He chuckled. "I'm exhausted."

As he got in the shower, I went out to get pizza. I'm hungry and I'm sure he is too.

As I got back inside my car, I got a text from Theo.

Theo:
Where are u????

I took a selfie with the pizza and sent it to him.

Theo:
You're great

With a heart emoji... its just a red heart... nothing special about it. Right?

When I got home, he was just in shorts.. no shirt.. and I gulped. Alice sent me a text asking if he was here and I sent her a selfie of us. His last day being grounded is Monday sooo no partying this weekend.

We finished the entire box as we watched movies on the couch.