"Well it's not like I'm going to tell her that Jug could die am I?" I said a little to loud and covered my mouth. Katie turned around and stared up at us with glossed eyes.

"Baby, I didn't mean what I said. Don't listen to mummy" I rushed over to her.

"Daddy might-"

"No, no i...I" I started but failed to finish my stuttering sentence.

"Betty give it up. She deserves to know the truth" FP suggested.

"Sweetie. I need you to listen to me. Daddy is very hurt and he might not make it" I said as basic as I could.

"He will go heaven?" She asked.

"He definetly will." I nodded.

"Like grandma?" She asked referring to my mum.

"Like grandma." I agreed.

"Maybe you should say goodbye just incase" I spoke swallowing the lump in my throat.

She sat next to Jughead and hugged him carefully, wrapping her tiny arms around him.

"I love you daddy, wake up if you can. If you can't then sleep well" she said kissing his forehead making me cry. FP wrapped me up in his arms as I sobbed into his chest hearing my daughter's words.

"Mummy! Daddy's finger moved!" Katie said excitedly.

"Baby I don't think it did. Your probably just imagining it" I said trying to stop her from getting overexcited. I know she was imagining it, just to make herself hope.

"It did! I saw it!" She whined.

"Come on Katie. Stop that. You're upsetting your mum" FP said and picked her up before they left the room.

I walked over to Jughead and sat next to him on the chair, intertwining our hands.

"Juggie. I love you, I'll never stop. Please come back to me, to us. Your dad is keeping it together for everyone but I know he just wants to cry. Katie is trying to pretend that you're moving. She needs you, you're her hero. Please pull through for us. For me. I need you and I can't live without you. What about JB? She needs her big brother to kick her ex's ass when they break her heart." I said smiling.

"We all need you. Please come back to me Jug. You're all I ever want and all I'll ever need. If you just come back" I sobbed.

"Please" I whispered my voice cracking.

"Betts.." I heard a croaked whisper. My head shot up to see Jugheads eyes slightly open.

"Oh my god... Jug" I smiled breathless, praying it wasn't a dream.

He smiled at me but couldn't speak properly just yet.

"I'll go and get a doctor" I said basically skipping through the doors.

The doctor checked him over and ran some tests before he left us alone.

"Is Katie okay?" Where is she?" He asked worriedly.

"She's fine Jug. I think FP took her to the play area round the back" I said running my hand through his hair.

"God I missed you" I whispered.

"Come here" he spoke carefully moving over in the bed.

"I don't want to hurt you" I said cautiously, no matter how much I wanted him to hold me.

"You won't" he assured. I nodded and climbed in next to him. He wrapped his arms around me and I buried my face in his chest.

"I was so scared. I thought I was going to lose you, and having to explain to Katie was horrible. I was so worried she would never see her dad again and I would never see my amazing husband again. And-" I spoke with teary eyes.

"Hey, hey stop. You're not going to lose me okay? I'm always going to be here" he spoke kissing my forehead. I leaned up and brought him into a long passionate kiss giving us both the sense of touch we both craved.

*10 minutes later*

FPs POV
"Grandad! I want to go and see mummy" Katie whined.

"Okay come on, but try not to say anything about your dad moving. Even if you think it's true, because it upsets your mum" I warned. She nodded and grabbed my hand. We walked back inside, down to the ward and down to Jugheads hospital room. I peered through the window and saw Betty led on the bed which confused me, I moved my head at bit and saw Jughead with his arms around her and.... his eyes open. My heart skipped a beat and I opened the door quickly making both their heads shoot up.

"Jug?" I said happily.

"Hey dad" he said simply. Betty got out of the bed and went to hug Katie as I rushed to my son and embraced him in a hug.

"You're okay?" I asked still worried.

"I'm fine dad. The doctors took some tests and I've got a broken leg, a few rib fractures and a dislocated shoulder but I'll be okay." he assured. I hugged him again before sitting down on the chair next to him.

Betty's POV
I hugged Katie tightly and spoke to her "Daddy's awake" I said making her smile. I turned her round to face Jug and he smiled at her.

"Daddy!" She said trying to climb out of my arms.

"Woah, hold on." I said placing her next to him near his shoulder that wasn't dislocated.

"Hey K" he said brushing her hair out of her eyes. She instantly hugged him trying to be careful not to hurt him which warmed my heart. Just to see them reunite made me want to break into tears.

"I'll go get us some drinks" FP spoke. I nodded and he left the room.

"Betts come lay down" he spoke. I lifted Katie and lay back in my original position before placing her between us where she babbled on about anything and everything. I gazed into Jugheads eyes and pecked his cheek. This is my perfect.

A/N I had so much fun writing this and although it was sad I still love it so much. Sad start but happy ending! Hope you all enjoyed! Comment suggestions❤️