Caged Bird Screaming

Author: Shaba Smith

Username: Shaba_Smith

Why your book deserves to be read?: I think Caged Bird Screaming deserves to be read because it takes you into a different era of human history, and is also a heart warming tale of friendship and the fight to keep it going through so many adversaries.

What do I like about my book: I like the way my characters come alive and how they are stark contrasts between one another. I like the fact my characters are so believable that you either come to love them to bits or want to tear them to threads. I also love the emotion that overrides the book: the hunger for freedom, the yearning to be loved, the importance of family and the pain and sadness of being different. I like the way it flows and how the story affects everyone, and how all the characters play an important role in novel.

What others will like about your novel: If you’ve read the boy in the stripped pyjamas, you’ll absolutely love the book. You will like Caged Bird Screaming because it keeps you guessing ‘til the end. There are so many twists and turns and revelations you won’t see coming. You’ll absolutely fall in love with the main characters Axe and Henry. You will like how different character’s stories intertwine together to add drama to the story.

Genre: Historical fiction

Inspiration for your book: I got my inspiration from the book: The longest memory by Fred D’aguiar. It’s an amazing book!! And I’m not lying.

Link to story: http://www.wattpad.com/story/1695080-caged-bird-screaming

Blurb: Axe's worst nightmare has come true. Not only has he been bought by one of the cruellest plantation owners in the state, he befriends his master's son Henry. Axe has dreams. He wants to get his family back and live on a farm with lots of chickens. Henry wants to end slavery and see his parents happy again. It's not long before both boys find themselves trapped deeper in a world of facades, and lies where prejudice rules the hearts of the people, and skeletons hidden far from sight, make their way to haunt the living, giving Axe no choice but to run away. However, running away brings grim realities that not only test their friendship, but could change both Axe's and Henry's lives forever...

Link to cover: http://www.wattpad.com/story/1695080-caged-bird-screaming

What the reader should know: You will laugh, cry and fall in love. Your heart will melt; your heart will bleed and will break. But please do not kill me. I like being alive.

I hope you guys check it out and if there is a story you want on here, please don't be afraid to message me. I'm just here to try and help people out and get their stories out there! :D

Cheers!