Ch.44

Morning comes a little bit earlier than usual to me. Time sure flies by when you're tired. Benny and I confirmed that Seth is indeed The Goatman and that Zalga is the one that commanded him to attack me, but then she changed her mind. Why though? Why did she want to attack me and why did she change her mind? I shake my head. Its too early to think about this, but it's the only thing I can think about. Ever since Benny and I came back from spying on Zalga and Seth and after I got done repaying Benny for her help and for the date we haven't had time to go on before, I haven't been able to sleep. Looking at the Zelda clock on her wall, it reads a quarter to three. We went in the TV about ten and reemerged about midnight. Small static like noise still lingers in my head, but then I look down at Benny as she is snuggled up to me. How is she used to this static sound all the time? "She's not Y/n. This is Slenda." Slenda? I arch a brow and look around Benny's room to try to find her, but she isn't there. Slenda, are you talking to me telepathically? I hear a small hum in my mind, "Maybe. Why can't you sleep. Are you in pain?" Yes, but no. Could you come and help me get me out of Benny's grasp? I've decided that I need to talk to you now instead of tomorrow if I want to get some sleep. "Of course, I'll switch you and Sally out. Are you and Benny presentable?" I chuckle some. Yes, we are. We took a shower around midnight. A small chuckle comes across my mind, "Good." Suddenly, Slenda teleports into the room with a sleeping Sally in her arms. She quickly switches Sally and my positions in one swift move and holds me bridal style with two of her tendrils as two others tuck Sally in. "You ready to go?" I simply nod, then she teleports us to her room.
            When we make it to her room, she gently sits me down on her bed, then joins me. She puts her hand on top of my wound, "How bad is your leg hurting right now? On a scale of one to ten. Ten being the worst." My head bounces back and forth from side to side in thought, "Maybe like a seven to an eight. But I don't want to go wake up Ann for meds." She hums, "You truly are such a gentleman." A heating sensation then a cooling one washes over my wound and I look down at the bandages then up to Slenda, "What did you do?" Her lips let's a chuckle escape, "I healed you. I have that power you know." My eyes widen, then I start to unwrap the bandages. When I get down to the last wrap, I take it off and see that my wound is healed. I look back up at Slenda, "Not to sound mean or ungrateful, but why didn't you do this in the first?" Her pale cheeks turn red, "W-Well, us girls like to take care of you... Plus, Jane wanted some alone time with you because you haven't had much time with her if you know what I mean." My cheeks light up and I avert my eyes from her, "Oh..."
           I cough and stretch out my leg. Relief washes over me because I haven't got the pleasure in stretching it properly. "Thanks Slenda. I really do appreciate you fixing me up." She comes over and hugs my side and stays there. "No problem Y/n." My fingers start to stroke through her jet black hair and she starts to moan some, but before she gets too comfy, she asks me a question. "Y/n, what did you want to talk about? You know, why you couldn't sleep?" I tense up some. "Um..." She raises up and looks at me as the wrinkles from her short, silky, black nightgown go back to being smooth. Her cool pale hands cup my right hand in hers, "Y/n, you know you can tell me anything, right?" My head bobs a single nod and I gulp, "Y-Yes, but I know that this subject is going to upset you." Her head tilts slightly in confusion, "Okay..." I take a deep breath in, but then I release it, "I think I should tell you in the morning. I can take another sleepless night. It wouldn't be my first, nor my last one I'm pretty sure." "Y/n." Her tone of voice comes out sweet, but stern. That means she wants someone to tell her something, regardless of what the party telling her or is hesitating to tell her what she wants to hear. I have a hard time in trying to find out how to word this right in an attempt for her not just getting up right then and there and going to kill Zalga after the words leave my mouth. "Um, well, you see Slenda, um..." "Seth is The Goatman and Zalga is behind everything." My eyes widen as they look to Slenda's door to see Benny standing there with a sleeping Sally in her arms. "What?" I look over to Slenda to see her in shock and her tendrils starting to come out. "Zalga is behind Y/n's attacks and we're letting his attacker and the mastermind behind it sleep in our manor just a few doors down from him." "Benny!" I whisper yell to try not to wake up the sleeping beauty in her arms. "What? I said I'd be here when you was telling her for a witness and here you are telling her." She motions down her body with a wave of her free hand, "So, here I am." I look back over to Slenda and she looks like she's gonna snap. I put my hand on her shoulder to try to calm her because she's shaking from pure rage. "Slenda?" She doesn't even look at me, instead her glance is dead set on the door. "I'm going to kill her."