Chapter 1- The Gay Bar?

LAURA’S P.O.V

I deeply sighed as I looked myself over in the mirror for the twentieth time tonight, I honestly don’t know how I got to be in this position; 18, single and a raging homo in all the best of ways

Come on you are Laura Brown you can do this I mumble to myself inconvincibly yet again

Kerri, one of my closest friends was currently possibly sprawled out over my sofa waiting on me and I was taking way too long to be fair on her, not that she was any better.

Approximately an hour and a half go the sultry yet amazing blonde had come conveniently barging into my apartment, inconveniently cutting my batman marathon off mid screening. Within 10 minutes she had fully convinced me to a night out on town however she seemed to leave out the small detail that we were in fact heading to a gay bar until after I had agreed.

 Kerri believed that I could be a complete and utter bore sometimes and the only solution apparently to her is to find me a nice girl to spice me up a little, and if I was Kerri that would probably be my solution too. You see Kerri has this air around her that could crack necks at the speed people turn to get a glimpse of her. She demands respect of those around her and fuck does she get it,

Reluctantly I take one more look in the floor length mirror and sigh, the dress Kerri had brought with her was a vibrant red that I had saw pull off many times, it clinged to my skin showing off any possible curve or dip and ended just under my bum, the red soled Louis Vuitton heels laying on the floor beside my feet ready to slip into. My wavy brown hair was now curled half pinned up at the two sides and my brown eyes were framed by smoky eye shadow.

Okay Laura you can do this, its only a bar my inner monolog chipped in again.

It was no surprise when I entered the sitting room of my flat to find Kerri sitting about listening to the music channels and sipping on what I could only guess was a vodka and coke. Kerri smiled confidently at me as she did a once over “You look hot baby doll,”

“You too sweet checks.” And my compliment was no lie; her intense baby blue eyes were neatly lined with eyeliner and her almost too long blonde hair was in a what one could only describe as a messy but sexy mane of curls, a tight baby blue dress that was cut of mid-thigh was squeezing her in all the right places which was then paired off with black studded heels and a matching bag.

 Kerri just gave me a knowing smile before offering me some pre-club drinks that I happy accepted, after all I had a feeling I would need all the liquid confidence I could get tonight.

LOUIS P.O.V

Honestly with mates like mine I should have known he was up to something. Although I loved him Harry could be an annoying little shit when it came down to it and tonight was no different. When Harry had casually strolled into his room earlier asking Louis to be his drinking buddy at this ‘really cool bar’ he knew who was Louis to turn him down so without much thought to it he quickly got ready in a button up and some colored skinny’s before I was out the door.

However I didn’t think this is what Harry said when he mentioned a ‘really cool bar’, nope not in a million year could he have guessed Harry meant a gay bar, for fucksake Harrys not even gay, just annoying.   

Looking around me I give out another deep sigh, I guess that place isn’t too bad, it definitely isn’t the cliché gay bar he’s so used to seeing on T.V shows and movie, honestly it just looked like a regular pub.

“Alright Louis why don’t you have a look around see any guy catches your eye huh.” Harry laughs as we both take a seat at the bar.

“Yeah that would be great but Haz with both know that I can’t be caught taking a man home or management would go ape shit.” I mutter bitterly. I swear modest are such cockblocks.

Honestly can’t fucking wait to be out

My inner voice muttered, I had come out to my family and the boys last year although it was no real shock to them really; they accepted it we moved on end of story, management on the other hand however understood that there was little I could do about my sexuality except to keep it secret and that was it from then on I guess.

When Harry left however with a quick ‘be right back’ and a wink as he began to run after some bleach blond with big boobs, I knew this would be a long night spent alone at the bar sandwiched between two walls of tattoos and muscles on either side of me calling me ‘cupcake’ and ‘sugar buns’.

LAURA’S P.O.V

It was no surprise that no more than 10 minutes after entering the club that Kerri was leaving it again for a steamy make out session with a bisexual man. After a few minutes of awkwardly standing around playing with my hair and swaying to the base of the song playing I decided I was in desperate need of vodka to lighten up the situation I was in.

The bar tender was called Candy who was seriously pulling off his drag like a queen. Thanking her I nursed my vodka and coke before making the rash decision to order 2 shots before quickly downing them.

 That’s when I noticed a boy beside me wearing red skinny jeans and a dark denim button up, like me it seemed he wasn't having the best time he looked a bit older than me maybe by only a year or so, I tapped him lightly, well if I can’t find a relationship here maybe I can make a new friend, as the boy turned around he gave me a weak smile before saying "Hey love I’m Louis."

A/N - The picture of the cover is what I picture Laura like and the side picture is Kerri.