She's someone else's special someone *6*

Chapter 6

................................................................................

**A/N: I suggest reading the previous chapter again, just so this chapter makes more sense... trust me, it could get confusing.**

*STILL DURING FLASHBACK *

(Michael's P.O.V)

I opened the door expecting it to be Molly, or Missy... It was something like that, I tended to forget. But I was surprised to find Brandon's girl standing there instead. For a second, I was thought about doing what I usually did, call out for Brandon and walk away.

But then I remembered that Brandon had been out since morning, and this girl looked like she'd been crying for hours. Her eyes were red and swollen, not to mention the bedraggled state she was in.

I automatically opened the door wider and took a step back, deciding not to say anything.

She walked in with her head bent, sneaking a fearful glance at me before she hurried into the kitchen. I suddenly remembered what Brandon had told me once, about her being intimidated by more something.

I snorted and pulled a chair out for her to sit, the action causing her to flinch a little. When she saw my annoyed expression, she plopped into the chair and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

I noticed her cheek, soft and unblemished. It was lightly tanned, and I realized she was naturally darker than most girls. Her golden skin and dark brown hair seemed to work for her, and when she looked up with those tearful eyes, I noticed how her chocolate brown eyes seemed to work just as well.

Clearing my head and focusing on the moment, I filled a glass with water and placed it in front of her.

"D-Did I wake you?" she asked quietly.

I looked down at my rumpled clothing, running a hand through my beyond messed up hair . Mentally cursing myself, I realized why her fear was so prominent. I practically reeked of sex, not to mention the stubble on my jaw and my sleep deprived eyes.

"No, you didn't wake me... but I was expecting someone." I answered sheepishly.

It took her a second to get it, and when she did her face flushed. I saw her blushing and made up my mind, now I knew why Brandon was so stuck up on her. The girl had potential, that much was for sure... and her figure wasn't quite bad either.

Feeling pathetic and a little fearful of Brandon, I leaned closer to her and smiled up at her stricken face.

"He's not home, you know..." I murmured.

I saw her eyes widen and hoped she wasn't all that good either, she'd eventually learn to forget Brandon just as so many others had before.

Her reaction was not what I'd expected. I didn't have enough time to prepare myself before her hand had made contact with my face, and slowly I felt the pain reverberate through my jaw.

"What the fuck was that for!?" I screamed, getting up from the table and staring down at her.

She followed my action and stood up, grabbing her purse from the table and slinging it across her shoulder.

"You're worse than I thought, Michael. I'm your brother's girlfriend! Does that mean nothing to you!?" she yelled.

Just then the door flew open, and Brandon was standing next to the bitch. I frowned hard when his concerned eyes found hers, and she immediately flew into his arms.

She was smarter than I'd originally thought, not so naïve after all. She'd known what I was propositioning when I'd made the remark about him not being home, hence the reason she'd slapped me. Almost growling, I pushed past the bastard of a brother I'd been blessed with and climbed upstairs to my room.

Slamming my door shut, I leaned against it and looked under my bed. I knew I'd find the box there, with just the things I needed at the moment.

Soon the slut I'd called earlier would come, and my day would be better.

There was nothing that sex and drugs couldn't cure, absolutely nothing.

As for the bitch downstairs, I'd have my fun with her soon enough as well...

................................................................................

*END OF FLASHBACK*

(Katie's P.O.V)

I opened my eyes and found Brandon's staring back at me. I wanted to recount every single memory that haunted me, every single touch, kiss, and tear he'd cost me. But a part of me still wanted to hear him say the words; he was always locking himself away from the past, unwilling to accept his mistakes.

I snorted with disgust and looked up fiercely, making sure he saw how much the past affected "me".

"I hate you." I said the words as clearly as I could, forcing them past my lips.

Deep down, I knew I couldn't have said anything more false, but Brandon didn't need to know that. Once again, I felt the world squeezing closer, shutting me into a claustrophobic space where I had to force myself to breathe.

I was conflicted as hell, wanting an explanation from him, wanting to know the truth behind everything he'd done. Yet I was still too afraid to ask him, afraid to lose my newly found love again.

I knew that if things with Brandon got too serious, Michael would never forgive me.

"You never loved me, did you, Katie? If you'd loved me even a little, I wouldn't have been the antagonist back then."

He sounded hurt as usual, with a hint of jealousy.

"How dare you accuse me of such a thing, you hypocrite!? You were the one who chose a fortune from my father against me!" I yelled.

The door flew open and we both faced the house, watching Michael rush down the front steps and towards us.

My heart started to beat, and I prayed that he wouldn't get the wrong idea.

"What is this about, Brandon? Why're you yelling at her?" he asked.

I swallowed hard and faced Michael, knowing that I had to do this.

"It's not his fault, Michael. I was the one who started it.... I.... I brought up the past and it turned ugly." I couldn't even look him in the eye as I spoke.

But it gave me more courage, and when I did look up, Michael was smiling.

"So you gave the guy a piece of you mind, did you babe? I'm proud of you... I knew I'd chosen the right girl to be by my side." His hand reached out and I took it hesitantly.

He pulled me into his side and no matter how hard I tried; I couldn't find the humour in the situation. Michael however found it funny that Brandon looked so lost, so lonely, and her basked in it.

His smile was still there when we walked away and left Brandon standing there behind us.

God, I hated being in this position. I hated having to love Michael, who needed my love to survive his broken, harsh world. And to keep him clean, to keep him going on in a healthy, developed life, I had to keep on loving him.

Yet there was Brandon, always there whenever I looked up. He was a constant reminder of what could've been, of a happier, less hectic life. Of someone who could do so much good, yet so much bad at the same time. My heart broke every time I saw him battling his hidden emotions, his uncovered feelings storming in his eyes.

And it killed me more than anything else that I still fucking loved him.

And I couldn't say a word...

*********************************************************************

A/N: Okay, so I finally finished this chapter... if you notice, I've been trying to upload a new chapter for a different story every 1-2 days. I'm doing this for my wonderful fans, who've stuck with me through my good and hard times. So I hope I still continue to deliver satisfying stories and don't disappoint any of you.

P.S. Please let me know if anything is confusing you, I'll make sure to clear it up for you. =)

VOTE/COMMENT! ;)