52] Someone Very Close

Warning : Not Edited

Aaradhya's POV

Next afternoon

"You want more Daal ?" Maa asked and I looked up from my plate.

"No" I said looking back into my plate mixing the rice and daal.

Vihaan walked inside my room and giving a side hug to maa he sat beside me after kissing my forehead with a smile.

"Phew! Hectic day today!" He exclaimed.

"You're home early today?" Maa asked and he laughed "I actually wanted to have home cooked lunch. I'm so tired of eating the canteen food."

Maa smiled "So you'll be leaving again?"

"Yeah in an hour" he sighed. "I'll serve you food then" maa said going out of my room.

"So princess? How are you feeling?" He smiled and I nodded.

"See I got you something" he said showing me a book. "You love reading, right?"

I looked at the book and smiled "Thank you" I said as he kept it on my bedside table.

"Actually I wanted to ask you something. I'm really stuck up" he said with a frown.

"About?" I asked eating a spoonful of rice.

He opened his phone and showed me a PDF file. "Raghav says the plan is a stupid one. We should change the layout. I find it quite cool."

"Raghav is a stupid anyway" I mumbled and heard him chuckle.

I took the phone and looked carefully while I kept eating the food.

"This is quite good. What's wrong?" I asked and he just shrugged.

After a while I said "On a second thought, we can make this a swimming pool instead of park and the parking space could be extended a bit" I suggested

"Impressive idea but park is a must now a days, considering everyone wants to jog, walk and exercise." He said

"For thatttttt....." I wondered

Maa walked inside and gave the plate to Vihaan and sat opposite to me "Do you want anything else?" She asked and I nodded in a no.

"Probably divide the space. This side park and the other side swimming pool." I said and he nodded.

"That's a good idea" he replied taking his phone back.

"Oh god! Have your food at least. Keeps discussing nonsense while eating." She rolled her eyes.

"It's not nonsense maa. It's work" Vihaan said while maa replied with "Yea yea, which needs to be done while eating only"

We spoke about a few random topics and maa joined us with her lunch.

Later, Vihaan left for office again and I read a few chapters from the book he brought. It was a mystery story that kept me hooked.