14] Can I Have A Minute With You?

Warning: Not edited

Aaradhya's POV

Today was a better day for all of us. Maa is a bit better due to the medications now. But the operation is to be done tomorrow night.

Maa is sleeping peacefully but I am unable to sleep. I badly need the job. Tomorrow is the presentation, I have asked Sharan to be here with Maa while I'll be away.

Vihaan says he will pay for all the things. He has even paid for the operation but I want to repay the money. I know he is being really helpful. He has always been.

But I want to do it alone. I don't want to depend on him or anyone else for things.

And also due to all this I didn't get to see my presentation for one last time. I had finalized it but I wanted to look into it once.

It was 1 in the morning. I quietly opened my bag and took out my laptop.

For almost half an hour or maybe more, I was engrossed in my work when I felt vibration on the bed.

Oh god! Where is my phone!

I immediately got up and started looking for it. I found it under the pillow.

Sharan? At 1:45 in the morning?

"Sharan? Is everything ok?" I asked tensed

"Yes. Tomorrow is your presentation right? All the best sweetie" he said sweetly

I frowned and looked in my mobile again. It's 1:45 only na.. at this time he realised he has to wish me, wow.

"Thank you for that Sharan. But how come you realised it at this time?"

"Look outside you'll know." He said with an excited voice

I looked out of the window and frowned.

"Not out of the window Aaradhya. Look outside the door." He said with an annoyed voice

I looked up to see what was there only to find him smiling at me through the small round glass window.

I tiptoed outside and closed the door behind me.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked amazed at his behaviour.

"I.. I just came to see you" he smiled and turned away

I kept my hand on his shoulder and faced him. "Are you okay?"

"Yea.. I just.. wanted to be here with you." I smiled at his concern

He hugged me and patted my back.

"All the best for tomorrow." He kissed my forehead

"Now go inside. I am waiting here." He said

"But Sharan.. I.. think you should go..."

He cut me off saying "I will stay here. Call me if you need anything."

I nodded. I can't thank god enough for giving me such caring people in my life.

"Sleep peacefully" he said before I entered

"I am working on the presentation" I replied

"May I help you?" He asked suddenly and I could only nod.

I brought my laptop and we sat outside the room on the bench.

He kept guiding me and giving me tips to be confident while answering questions asked by them.