36] Marry Me

Warning: Not Edited

Aaradhya's POV

"Yes I do. A lot." He smiled.

"From the first day, I started feeling attracted towards you. But, I thought it was just an infatuation since we were just teenagers. I.. I.. pushed my feelings away and started concentrating on other things. I tried to chuck away my thoughts. But I couldn't." He smiled.

"Finally, I realised it was more than just an infatuation. Whenever you are sad, I feel like wiping your tears away and taking away all your sadness. Whenever you are happy, I wish that the smile stays forever. We haven't talked properly since a long time. And I started feeling ignored. I wanted your attention. But I didn't want to sound desperate." As he said that, tears made way through my eyes.

"You are with Vihaan sir a lot, now a days. And somewhere, that makes me sad. Maybe jealous" he chuckled and looked at me.

"I know this is not a very fancy proposal, but I really love you sweetheart" he said

Tears formed in my eyes as I looked at him. What do I tell him now?

I sighed "Sharan... This.. this is not..I.."

He smiled and cupped my cheek "You are still the same. Shy and nervous."

He caressed my cheek and I shifted uncomfortably. I removed his hand gently. "Sharan, I don't know what to say. I never thought that you..."

He chuckled "Thay I would love you. But I do." He said with a smile.

I gulped "Listen Sharan, I am sorry. I don't love you. I.. I.. have no such feelings for you...I.."

"Aaradhya.. take your time. I am not forcing you." He smiled

"No no Sharan. It's not like that. I might never have such feelings for you, ever." I sighed and went to the vendor.

Handing the vendor, the coffee cup, I paid for it and went back to Sharan. "I am sorry. Please don't wait for me."

I walked ahead as I saw him looking at me with pain. I sighed. It pained me too, for hurting him. But I couldn't just keep on leading him by asking for time.

Slowly walking down the lane, I came to an auto stand and took auto to Vihaan's house.

Sharan's POV

I felt hurt. Rejected. But what hurt me more was, she rejected me.

Why? I don't know. I felt so heartbroken. I don't know where to go, whom to share my feelings with. The friendship we had, was also at stake now. I don't know if she will ever talk to me like before.

If she will ever share her feelings with me like before. I wiped my tears and paid for my cup of coffee. She had paid hers, clearly indicating that she didn't want something beyond this.

I cried as I realised I lost a good person in my life. I don't know how to react, what to say. I felt so sad.

Suddenly I remembered Niharika, and called her immediately.