#30 - A "Safe", "Calm" College Frat Party

Start from the beginning

Hazel winced as someone almost crashed into her.

Percy turned around. "Hazel, you're 15. You sur roy don't want to go back? You can stay at our apartment."

Hazel shook her head. "No, I want to see what this is like. I'll just steer clear of all the alcohol."

"I'll stick with you," Frank assured her.

"There's fruit punch over there," Hazel said as she tip-toed. She grabbed Frank's hand and started walking towards the non-alcoholic drinks.

"Hey..." Leo cheered, dragging out the 'y'. He had three cups of beer in his hands and handed one each to Percy and Piper. "Sorry, Jason," Leo apologised. "You're the driver."

Jason raised his hands in surrender. "I'm really fine."

Percy frowned as he peered into the cup. "This is beer, Leo."

"Oh, come on," Leo complained. "We're 18 and you're 19. We're legal in literally every other country."

Piper looked like she was ready to down her beer. "I mean, I speak French. And in France, Ove technically been legal for 2 years, so..." She tilted her head back and swallowed a mouthful of it. Her face instantly wrinkled up. "Oh, it's bitter. And it burns."

Percy took a tentative sip and saw what she meant. But there was something good about the way it burnt his throat. Percy took a another gulp of the beer.

After a few cups, Piper and Leo were pretty tipsy.

"I love this song!" Leo squealed as he grabbed Piper and headed to the dance floor, refilling his beer on the way.

"I should make sure they don't do anything stupid," Jason sighed. "Anything more, at least." He glanced at Percy. "You coming?"

Percy shook his head. "I'll look out for Annabeth. She should be here by now."

Jason clapped him on the back and they split up.

Percy walked onto the dance floor, trying to see if any familiar heads of blonde curls could be seen.

He felt sharp nails dig into his arm, and Percy glanced down to see manicured nails circling round his bicep.

Without warning, Percy was yanked into the midst of some very drunk, dancing girls.

"Hey," one of the girls said flirtatiously.

The guy dancing next to her gave Percy a wink. Percy assumed he was gay.

Percy ran a hand through his air awkwardly.
"Uh, I have a—"

"Dance with us," one of the other girls insisted, grabbing his hands and twirling herself around.

Percy stepped away, but he merely crashed into another girl behind him. It was like he'd been ambushed by a pack of empousa.

"I won't remember any of this in the morning," another girl giggled. She took out a piece of paper and scribbled something on it. "But you keep this." She stuffed it into Percy's shirt pocket and kissed him on the cheek.

Percy withdrew in discomfort. "Uh, I don't think—"

Another girl interrupted him with a squeal. "Yes!" She also slid a piece of paper into his pocket, and soon, Percy's shirt pocket was bulging with their numbers.

He backed away slowly, stuffing the numbers in his pocket. "Right, okay. See you another time—bye!" He stumbled backwards and thankfully, out of sight.

<<< >>>

"Need some help, sweetheart?" a seductive voice whispered in Annabeth's ear.