Chapter 1: Back home (PLOT)

It was the weekend and I was finally able to go back home to Alex and Matt. My foster parents are the best people in the world. They are so creative, funny, childish, all while still being my parents. I got off the city bus and started walking home. The bus stop is a few streets from home but I should get there quickly. I know I should be getting used to leaving for the week but I still get a bit homesick. Although it's been two years it's like I've know them my entire life. They treat me as if I really was their child. Not some kid the government took pity on. They try their best to understand me. Alex is always there to help with some girl problems. And Matt is always so motivating. They know what my other homes were like and are always saying they're willing to talk. I've been gathering up the courage to actually.

Next week is winter break, and I've been hoping to talk to them about that during that time. That way I won't have to worry about school. Anyways, I finnaly reached my house since I was speeding towards it the second I stepped off the bus. I continuously rang on the bell but there was no answer. After seven more chimes I decided to look through the window. Everything seemed in place. The paint stained couch facing the window, a small TV in front of it. Alex's painting remained untouched it seemed. Which was unusual. She usually finishes a piece within a few weeks. She should have been done and moved on with it. I moved onto the next window right to the door. I saw the sofa' s next to the coffee table. A computer right next to it. I went back in front of the door and knocked this time. I'm not sure what I thought would happen because nothing did. It dawned on me. It was quiet. It was a Friday afternoon in a pretty decently big city and there were no sounds. No chirps from birds, no hums from bees. Nothing. I looked around. I was a bit frightened when I saw an old man staring at me from across the street. I smiled at him all he gave in return was an empty stare.

"Excu-Excuse me?" I stuttered. "By any chance do you know where Alex and Matt have gone to? They're Mr. and Mrs. Stotle." I asked nervously to the man who made no movement. I went down the steps of the door to get a closer look at the man. Maybe he hadn't heard me. I saw a few neighbors on the street, they were all just standing there. I gave them a warm smile in hopes they'd do the same. They did nothing. I approached the man and realized something. From far away it would've been alright but now that I'm upclose I couldn't do anything. His skin was pale and I know knew why he appeared old. His skin was not at all wrinkled, it instead looked skinned and poorly stitched back on. I saw blood coming from the top of his forehead and some running down his what appeared to be skined neck. Who was this man before? He feels familiar. He was a few inches taller than I was and his figure looked a bit on the younger side. His eyeslids opened and revealed pitch jetblack eyes staring at me. I was so terrified I froze. Even when he started reaching a hand out towards me I stayed frozen. Who was he before? He reminded me so much of someone, but who? Just as his hand was about to touch my face I felt two hands grab my shoulder and pull me back.

I snapped out of whatever they hand me in and looked at the person who grabbed me. Most of me praying it wasn't another stitched-face. To my luck it wasn't one of them. It was a lady, she had curly blonde hair and was wearing a leather jacket and knee high boots. It took me a second to recognize her.

"Miss. Melody!" I gasped in a whisper. She turned and looked down to me. As soon as she did her eyes grew sad. I smiled up at her and she grabbed my wrist. Not in a nice way but in a way were she practically snatched it and held tight. "Oww. Miss! You're hurting me." I told her as I tried to use my other hand to budge hers off. She was focusing on something else. I looked forward to see what she has been looking at while still attempting to free myself from her grasp. There was a man pointing a big glow up pen that buzzed to the stitch faced boy. He was wearing a bow tie and purple suit. I remember him! Not so long ago he was he at the library with me! "Doctor!" I squealed with excitement. He stopped what he was doing and turned back to see who had summoned him. His eyes went to his wife confused and then he saw me. Once we made eye contact his expression became terrified.