"Kellin, is everything alright?" He asked when he got my attention.

"Yeah, sorry." I smiled and took his hand.

**Vic's P.O.V.**

Kellin has been acting weird lately, like he's hiding something from me. I looked at him as he stared down at his feet while we walked. I just wish I knew what he was thinking. Maybe I can show him that he can trust me and he'll tell me. I just hope that he's not second guessing everything. I really want to be with Kellin, I can't possibly listen.

"Kellin?" He perked up "I-I um, well." Damn, I can't talk around him.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I'm just glad that I can actually spend time with you now. You don't know how long I've wanted this," it wasn't exactly what I wanted to tell him but it was half of what I was feeling.

"It's kind of fun spending time with you." He replied.

"I'm glad you're having fun." I kissed him and he smiled. I watched as his smile faded when he looked down and went to the scarf that was attached to his wrist.

He hasn't taken it off the whole while he's been around me. Usually, I'll see him take it off to shower or something, but I would never see him. Is it because he's with me that he's being conscious of everything. I know what I want for me and Kellin and that is for me to make him happy. I just don't know how I can possibly do that if he's constantly putting up this invisible wall to protect himself. I saw the instructor heading towards us, a scrawny, long haired guy. He seemed like a dunce, but was definitely a surfer with his shaggy hair.

"Hey, man. I'm Alan. Are you guys ready for your lesson?" He asked us as he slowed his pace down, slower than it was before.

"Totally." Kellin kind of mocked his voice which made me laugh, but the instructor didn't catch on.

"Great." He replied.

After showing me and Kellin the proper techniques and suiting us up, we were ready to go. He led me and Kellin out into the open waters, as we paddled while laying on the surfboards. I watched Kellin, he was so careful with his motions. Alam watched too, I volunteered to go help him before he could though.

"Are you okay? You need to pedal faster than that." I told him.

"I know, it's just that I'm scared." He confessed.

"It's all okay. I'm going to be right here, I won't let anything hurt you I promise. Just try." I urged.

He did try, he pedaled more and we went side by side to Alan and he instructed us more.

"Okay, so when the wave comes you pedal away from it and let it catch you and carry you away. Stand up slowly and try to place all your weight in the middle of the board to keep from falling off. On the bad chance that you do fall off, don't worry there aren't any sharks or anything here, so just swim back to shore." He finished. "Okay. So here comes the first wave, you don't have to ride it, but I'm going to."

He turned around and started to do what he had instructed us to do. We watched in amazement as he demonstrate it to us. When he crashed into the water and swam back up I looked to Kellin. He was frightened and tended to look like he was going to freak out.

"Kellin, are you okay?" I asked him. He jumped and looked at me.

"I change my mind." He muttered.

"What?" I was confused.

"I change me mind, let's just swim back." He suggested.

"No, why?" I really wanted to have fun with Kellin today.

"What if," he paused. "What if something bad happens to you?" He said lightly.

"Kellin." I took a deep breath. "Nothing will happen, I promise. Come on." I urged him and he nodded.

We paddled forward, lying on our bellies. I looked back to see the wave coming and slowed down. Kellin mocked my actions and pedaled by my side. The wave came under us, I stood up and grabbed Kellin, pulling him up.

"You sure about this?" He asked, still concerned.

"Yes, trust me." I gave him a huge reassuring smile and we surfed together towards the beach.

We held onto each other's hands, only letting go to catch our balance. When Kellin fell off, I jumped in after him. I wanted him to know I was by his side and there. We both came up for air and he looked at me an smiled. He leaned in and planted a soft kiss onto my lips.

"Thank you." He said pulling away.

I pulled him closer to me and looked into his beautiful green eyes. "You're welcome. I love you." I kissed him again before he could say anything else.

"I like you too." He replied under his breath.

A/N: Phone back, more updates to come and new stories.