*𝟟*

taehyung and jungkook were lying on taehyungs king sized bed, they each had their heads rested on a pillow.

"jungkook?..." taehyung said, sounding hesitant. jungkook turned his head to where taehyung laid next to him. "yeah?" he responded.

"you're free to go."

jungkook sat straight up and stared at the other in disbelief. jungkook first noticed the guilty look playing on taehyungs face, then the shaky hand of taehyungs playing with the top button of his shirt.

"w-what do you mean?..." jungkook asked quietly.
"i've kept you my prisoner for to long, you're free to go..." taehyung confessed, his eyes never meeting jungkooks the guilt fully taken over his body.

"but... i don't want to go." jungkook whispered, unable to raise his voice any louder.

before taehyung could reply someone knocked on the door, taehyungs eyes widened and he pushed jungkook off his bed, jungkook retailed by crawling under the bed as he did every time someone came looking for taehyung.

you see, taehyung isn't aloud 'friends' as his fathers way of protecting him 'from the dangers of the outside world' were pretending the staff were his 'friends' taehyung believed it for a while but that was when he was young, he realised the hard reality being that, no the staff weren't his friends.

he never knew what friendship was like before jungkook came along, but even then he knew it wasn't what it was really like, you don't just force someone into your life as a punishment.

the door opened and the usual maid stepped forward into his room, bowing like usual.

"you're father wants to see you." they said, like they were reading from a scrip.

taehyung glanced at the bed, seeing jungkook still under there. taehyung nodded and excused the maid saying he'd be there shortly.

once the door was closed jungkook shuffled his way out from under the bed, taehyung waiting to give him a hand up.

"uh- thanks.." jungkook said awkwardly, ignoring his hearts rapid increase.

taehyung only nodded and turned away dramatically on his heel, a quick way to hide the blush. he headed to the door and placed his hand on the nob. but before leaving he said; "jungkook, please be here when i return."

jungkook nodded, "as always, taehyung. as always."

he didn't mind to be honest, he also wanted to know what taehyung was taking about earlier, taehyung didn't really need to ask him to stay, he would no matter what.

10 minutes later the door opened, sending jungkook into a frenzied panic. but as the person entered he calmed down, seeing it was only taehyung.

"oh thank god it just you." jungkook said in relief one hand on his chest.

taehyung chuckled slightly.

"what was it about this time?" jungkook asked as they both made their way back to the bed.

"the ladder." taehyung said bluntly.

"oh."

"but that's the only way i can get in and out, what... what did you say?" jungkook said anxiously.

"i panicked. it was all i could think. but he bought it. i said it's where the gardener leaves it." taehyung replied.

"b-but that's the truth, my father leaves it there for me..."

"i know, but what will your father say if my father asks him about it?" taehyung said, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"he won't rat on me... i know it..." jungkook reassured, mainly himself.

taehyung only nodded.

"now back to before." jungkook said trying to change the subject.

"ah, that." taehyung said dryly. "i feel bad, jungkook."

"why?"

"because you didn't ask for this."

jungkook scoffed. "if i didn't want to be here i wouldn't show up. at first i did it out of pity, but now i actually look forward to seeing you."

taehyung looked up from playing with the ring on his finger. "r-really?..." he questioned unsure.

jungkook nodded and hesitantly took taehyungs hand, both their hearts hammering. "really."

"i do wish it was easier though, i really do."

"me too jungkook, me too."

they sat in silence, still holding one another's hand, neither wanting to let go.

"but you never told me why you're stuck here."